Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make a portable CNG tank to use if you run empty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone make a portable CNG tank to use if you run empty?

Given the discussion about EPA confusing the terms, I thought you were running the two fuels together.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

A note on the LPG costs. Stations owned by Clean Fuels USA tend to be priced around the cost of CNG in many instances. Availability of LPG and availability of LPG as a motor fuel is not the same.

Motor fuel is dispenced through a Weights & Measures approved dispencer, like CNG. These tend to be fairly rare in comparison to locations that sell for portable bottles, which tends to run $1 more per gge (from what I see locally).

Comment

But there are even fewer 'LPG as motor fuel' dispensers than CNG. Unless you drive near one you wouldn't have a choice but to buy fuel at these other places.
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

You are absolutely correct... But is it legal to buy LPG for motor fuel through a source that is not charging road tax and using W&M equipment to dispense?

Comment

If the truth be known, you can fuel your LP vehicle at just about any place. with rare exception. If they can fill an RV with fix LP tank you're home free; same connector. There are a few that can fill only barbque bottles, that is a different fitting (and you can use adaptors)

Most places, except the bulk plants don't know the difference between "motor fuel" and barbque bottles. The taxing structure is different because of the motor fuel tax; both get state sales tax. Most gas stations don't know difference, but charge prices higher than gasoline

If you go into certain station it will cost you more with a Clean Fuels Card, (yes they have them for LP -- got one) than it would with without the CF card. You can fuel 24/7 in many places with the CF card.

Curtis, I haven't notice that the LP follows the CNG prices. and haven't had the opportunity to check -- But I will.

Later

Larrycng

Comment

I did miss quote if I said Dual-fuel. I did mean to say Bi-fuel. With out a forced induction system, gasoline should not be used as a default fuel. my two cents worth.

Comment

Working...
              X