My vehicle(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My vehicle(s)

I have a 2001 dodge neon, dual fuel. I drive it from Logan to SaltLake city everyday to work. I have a 5 GGE tank mounted in the trunk. I get about 190 miles per fill. just over $3.00 to fill the tank. I don't know how I would afford to drive a petrol gas car again after switching over to CNG.

Comment

Bretlott,

Curious about your 2001 Dodge Neon . . . what company did the conversion to become bi-fuel?? Did you get it converted, or did you buy it that way?? Any idea on conversion cost?? Any problems with drive-ability or power when on cng?? How about the switchover from cng to normal gasoline, work OK??

Thanks . . . cngacrossusa

Comment

I currently own a 2006 Chev Cobalt SS Supercharged (Stage 2) which runs on REALLY expensive premium fuel.

I'd probably trade straight across (except I'd be asking for just enough cash in the deal to inspect and register the thing in Utah) or at least find a good deal if I could find a Civic GX in Utah. Anyway, new member--glad to be here.

My employer just bought two CNG shuttle buses from Texas, and I love them. I topped that huge thing off for just over 3.65 --so, I'm hooked. I'm tired of paying 3.50+ per gallon. Besides, my stepdad's farm trucks in Iowa use LP, and they've had a lot of good luck with those.

My employer pays .63 cents per gallon for fuel, what do you pay?
        --------------------------------
        1999 Ford Crown Victoria
        Dedicated CNG Interceptor

Comment

Originally posted by bretlott View Post
          I have a 2001 dodge neon, dual fuel. I drive it from Logan to SaltLake city everyday to work. I have a 5 GGE tank mounted in the trunk. I get about 190 miles per fill. just over $3.00 to fill the tank. I don't know how I would afford to drive a petrol gas car again after switching over to CNG.
          Where did you get the bifuel kit done? What was the cost? How did you pay for it...cash or finance? Do you have contact info for them? I'm wondering if it's possible to switch my Cobalt SS (Supercharged) over to CNG or if I should break down and get the Civic.
          Last edited by xravenwingsx; 05-08-2008, 09:26 PM.
          --------------------------------
          1999 Ford Crown Victoria
          Dedicated CNG Interceptor

Comment

Working...
          X