Suspension mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension mods

Has anyone had to make suspension mods to their dual fuel vehciles because of the added weight of the filled CNG tank?

Re: Suspension mods

I have a Civic GX, and I've been waiting 2 months to hear from Eibach, who said they were investigating what would be the proper coil to compensate for the cng tank, which I believe is even heavier than hybrid batteries.

Comment

I'd seriously doubt that the CNG tank in the Civic is heavier than the civic hybrid's batteries. Plus, the tank in the GX is at least a little offset by the loss of the stock gas tank and associated fuel. The hybrid has the heavy batteries, PLUS still having the stock fuel tank. either way, do you have a complaint about the ride of the GX? I would imagine Honda already made any necessary compensation, or at least deemed it good enough.

That all being said, the average grocery shopping trip probably puts more weight in the trunk of a normal civic than the CNG tank...
      1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
      2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

I put an extra leaf in my escalade, which has 3 small tanks in the rear. It helps ALOT, and made a big difference, it was sagging pretty bad.
        2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
        2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
        2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. One of the concerns my group has is the added weight of the cng tank and how it would affect the vehicle.

Comment

Working...
          X