Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the Highest Mileage working CNG System/Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the Highest Mileage working CNG System/Car?

I saw this post " Who has the Oldest working CNG System?"
    So i thought how about who has the highest mileage CNG system still in service?

I will start this with my new Aquistion just this past Sunday Dec 14, 2008

2000 Crown Vic 310,000 miles. Yes high mileage but runs great. This is my new personal car. I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off

Hopefully that won't be too soon as I don't drive much anymore.
    Mario
    AAA CNG SYSTEMS
    CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Re: Who has the Highest Mileage working CNG System/Car?

I have personally seen a Crown Vic with 350k+ miles and several Ford E-350 former Super Shuttle vans with 500k+ miles. I wouldn't mind driving one myself, but they would have been difficult for me to resell with that many miles.
    -Derek
    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Somebody was advertising a CNG Crown Vic Taxi a while back.
      I think it was a 1999.
      They just said "high miles but runs great" in their ad.
      Here is a picture of the odometer.
      Just Click on the thumbnail to see a larger picture
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nttrainer; 12-16-2008, 10:04 AM.
      2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
      2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

Derek,

I agree about trouble trying to resell a vehicle with that kind of mileage. But at the same time I hate to drive and put miles on any of the low mileage CNG vehicles I get in to sell. So with the purchase of this high mileage CV its just for the wife to drive and get into the hov/carpool lane when going to work.
        Heck I need another one (high mileage) for cheap so I can make a police car out of it for my police car rentals.

Just last week there was a high mileage dodge cng van (shuttle van) 350,000 miles on ebay. linky here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Its right down the street from me, I might go check it out and make him an offer. Might be a good family van, but I need more cars like a need a hole in my head. Its gotton so bad now I am looking at purchasing some parking lifts to make room under my current collection of cars.
        Mario
        AAA CNG SYSTEMS
        CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

There was a man in a green CV at the Anaheim station that had 460,000 on his car.
          BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
            There was a man in a green CV at the Anaheim station that had 460,000 on his car.
            With a tank inspection every 36,000 miles....that's 12+ tank inspections. People are charging over $100 per inspection...That's at least $1200 on tank inspections. And if its a CV with extended tanks....that's even more $$$.
            Jared.
            Mountain Green, Utah
            2003 CNG Cavalier
            2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

My 2000 Camry CNG has 162,000 miles and drives like new after changing the struts. I will drive it till the wheels fall off.
              -------------
              moore101
              2000 Toyota Camry CNG
              FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Reviving this post. anyone got updates?

2009 Civic GX just reached 200k (bought it new). I wonder how long these Civics last, cause my car still runs like new.

Comment

Wow futuregx you revived an old thread! Your Civic will run for many more miles as long as you keep up on scheduled maintenance.

Guess I'll give a mileage update; 340,000 miles and the Camry is still running strong. Original engine and trans and the wheels have not fallen off yet!
                  So that is 22,000 miles per year average, thanks to a nice long commute.
                  -------------
                  moore101
                  2000 Toyota Camry CNG
                  FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Working...
                  X