Natural Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natural Gas Prices

Could you update us on the status of the Las Vegas stations?
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Holy cow, at $0.99 / GGE, it is almost cheaper to fill up at the station than at my home if I consider only the cost of gas and electricity to run the compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
        Sure thing, give me a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
          Losee North should be open in about a week, possible as early as this Friday.

Bonanza and Sunset sites are still undergoing upgrades but should be complete in a few weeks. NV price will be $1.29 per GGE.

Comment

When is the station at will rogers in okc supposed to open? Should we expect the .99/the price like I'm Denver and Dallas?

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Energy - CO View Post
              We dropped the prices again. Bay area is now $1.40. Southern CA is $1.30. NM is $1.02. CO is $0.99. AZ is $1.05. TX is $0.99. LNG at the port is down to $1.99 per DGE.
              Where are the bay area stations? Just Oakland? We need one over here on the penninsula. San Mateo county would be nice.

Comment

Santa Monica is up 20c to $1.49. Looks like I'll be going back to my Phill soon.

Comment

All the other CE stations are bound to follow with the increase in gas prices. I noticed it still shows 1.30, I hope you updated it.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

To All:

I'm pleased that Clean Energy (CE) CNG stations in CA now sell CNG fuel at between $1.30 to $1.40/GGE.

They are to be applauded considering that according to So. CA Gas, they provide natural gas to CE stations in So. Ca at about $1.75/GGE. That means that CE is selling CNG fuel at a lost, or they are applying all the excise tax credit to their CNG fuel price at the dispenser. Even the excise tax credit at a net credit of about $0.32/GGE does not explain CE's low CNG prices. I have contacted CE but they have not returned my calls. Nontheless, I hope the low CNG prices continue.

In Nothern CA, CE would presummably have to buy the natural gas from PG&E, which sells natural gas to all CNG stations at about $1.00/GGE. So the low CE CNG fuel prices in Nothern CA may be explained by this differential.

However, PG&E sells CNG fuel at their stations currently in Jan. 09 in CA at $2.18/GEE. That seems outrageous, and I have called PG&E and they have not returned any of my calls.

Are any CNG vehicle owners interested in going to US Congress to recommend new legislation to control or prevent the energy commodity brokers from manipulating the price of natural gas?

Typically, the price of NG has followed the price of crude oil and what the energy commodity brokers can sell it for. It has very little to do with supply and demand or the acutal cost to extract NG and transport it to the end user. Please refer to my attached chart.

If you are interested in pursuing this grass roots campaign with federal legislators, please email me at [email protected], and we'll start a grass roots compaign.

Happy CNG motoring.
                    Attached Files

Comment

From looking at the map (cngprices) it looks like all the CE stations are now at 1.50. Gasoline prices climb, and oil just dropped: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090109...zo_pjrrFKyBhIF
                      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Working...
                      X