Natural Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Gas Prices

The Garden Grove/Arco is selling gasoline for the same price as Natural Gas. This same gas station was selling gasoline for over $4/gallon in July. This around a 40% drop in gasoline. Why are we not seeing the same price drop in Natural Gas pump prices. I use the Irvine, Garden Grove, Seal Beach, Long Beach & LAX stations. In July, I recall the maximum pump price being around 2.99/gge. We should be around 1.80/gge not 2.35. Clean energy is gouging us. Since July Natural Gas sold on the global market is done 50% just like oil.

I have sent email to clean energy about this same topic. I recommend fair market pricing. I have enclose email of clean energy managers. They need us and we should not be taken advantage of by them.

Clean Energy - Southern California

Chad Lindholm
    Regional Manager, Southern California and Arizona
    [email protected]

Sean Wine
    Account Manager, Los Angeles, LAX, South Bay, San Fernando Valley
    [email protected]

Jelena Maslovaric
    Account Manager Light Duty Vehicle Sales
    Southern California
    [email protected]

Derek Turbide
    Account Manager, San Diego
    [email protected]

Shaunt Hartounian
    Account Manager, Orange County
    [email protected]

Les Stinson
    Account Manager, South Orange County and Inland Empire
    [email protected]

Lindsay Harrison
    Jr. Account Manager
    [email protected]
    Attached Files

Re: Natural Gas Prices

Don't feel bad. Yucca Valley has CNG at 2.49/GGE and the cheap gas is 2.39 per gallon

Larrycng

Comment

The retail market for CNG is unfair -- but is any business supposed to be fair to the consumer? Instead of complaining about high prices -- which is why many CNG auto owners have switched from gasoline to the cheaper CNG platform -- take control of your fuel supply and buy a home refueling unit (that best fits your own needs). I have 40 solar panels on my home and I have not paid Edison a dime in the last five years. Become an owner of your energy supply and you'll find that your dependancy and complaining is dramatically reduced.

Comment

I frankly think that the retail CNG market is better served by the utilities. The prices are fair or low. Clean Energy really hasn't served the retail market well. They've only done it as an afterthought to selling large systems to cities or buying up poorly run operations. PGE is great at it. I think LBGas was good at it, although my wife filled up there a lot, not me. Questar apparently not as good. SCGas let most of their systems get very run down by the time we started using them. The best is at home -- you can get it fixed pronto when you own it.
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

I have received a positive response from Clean Energy. Their response is below.

JF - On an annual basis, Clean Energy's fuel price averages $0.50 - $0.75 per gallon less than gasoline. We are working towards a reduction in our current rate and I hope to have this lowered in the next week.

We apreciate your support of the NGV industry and would be happy to speak further about Clean Energy's commitment to grow the natural gas industry by investing millions into fueling infrastructure, pushing for vehicle tax rebates and meeting with OEMs to bring more product lines to the market.

Thanks,

Chad M. Lindholm
          Regional Manager
          Southern California & Arizona
          Clean Energy
          (562) 493-2804

Comment

I was wondering why its so high compared to gas also. Will see if next months pricing drops a lot. Maybe they were a little behind the curve. I hope for their sake. Then I'll call PG and E and start complaining. 2.02 currently, but you can get 87 gas for 2.35, somethings not right.

Comment

Natural gas is not found exclusively with petroleum deposits. I can probably count around 6 natural gas wells within a 5 mile radius of my house but there are no oil dereks anywhere near my home. This concept is further validated by the fact that 90% (or some high number, I can't remember right now) of our natural gas is from North America whereas 70% of our oil comes from abroad. The natural gas prices spiked this summer because it was not only oil speculation but energy speculation in general.

So while gasoline prices are down (supply and demand), natural gas prices are pretty much in line with what we paid at this point last year. I think you can figure in a rate of about $1 - $1.50 above the price of natural gas per GGE to go towards maintenance of a fill station. So add about $1 - $1.50 to what yu pay at home and this would be the target range to expect at a fill station owned and operated by the government or some government entity.

Comment

Gotta love Tulare, CA. Their price is down to $1.60.
                02 GX
                01 GX
                03 Crown Vic
                06 GX
                Home Fueler

Comment

Wow. You did it!! CNG in Garden Grove is now $1.73

Patience.

CE knows that almost every one of us still owns a gasoline vehicle. They know they literally have to stay below gasoline or they won't sell.
                  1998 Honda GX
                  ebike

Comment

Seeing CE at $1.65 now seemingly across the board, and having paid $1.65 for gasoline yesterday out Barstow way (hey, why burn up the life of my CNG car at those prices?), one has to wonder, how low can CNG go?

Comment

Arkansas Western Gas is now @ .92 cents at the meter, bring your own
                      fuelmaker. We are however getting a high pressure station in Fort Smith AR. The Arkansas-Oklahoma Gas company has gotten authorization for public fueling. Now if we get something up here in the northwest part of the state.

Comment

What is interesting about this is that CE is now the lowest price of any of the CNG vendors out there. I fueled in Carlsbad and Garden Grove last week before hitting Seal Beach CE, and CE was the lowest at $1.65.

However, I did fill my Suburban with gasoline today at $1.75!

Comment

CE is also $1.65 in Tucson. They had to drop the price, the fleets were getting pissed paying $1.99.
                          But Unleaded is at $1.49 as of yesterday.
                          Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Pinnacle Energy in the South SF bay saw that CE dropped to 1.65 and they dropped theirs....a whopping 15 cents... 2 buck chuck now.. LOL
                            Silver 09 GX
                            Phill G:1.5

Comment

We dropped the prices again. Bay area is now $1.40. Southern CA is $1.30. NM is $1.02. CO is $0.99. AZ is $1.05. TX is $0.99. LNG at the port is down to $1.99 per DGE.

Comment

Working...
                              X