Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this CNGforum getting less hits lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josch
    replied
    Re: Is this CNGforum getting less hits lately?

Of course articles like this:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4366080

...don't help to support our cause either. Watch the video and look at the Questar reps big excuse, which is they fear if they build more infrastructure and what if it doesn't take off, but look at the demand now. It is already exceeding the supply. Good Lord

Leave a comment:

• mecklen
    replied

Originally posted by josch View Post
    automakers ought to move forward on CNG manufacturing anyway
    It's funny, I look at the hybrid car situation and think that CNG would really take off if the manufacturers would simply sell their existing models. GM and (I think) Ford both make CNG cars for foreign markets, but won't sell them here.

Toyota has sold 1 million Priuses. People want to buy alternatives, but there just aren't any on the market. I know everyone here is talking about conversions, but I think we'd get a lot further if the new car market simply had enough units to fill demand.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• CNGLO
    replied

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
    MY 401K is in the crapper.
    Yeah, that's where I lost most of mine too.

Leave a comment:

• jetboatjohnny
    replied

MY 401K is in the crapper.

Leave a comment:

• wrenchmonkey
    replied

Originally posted by CNGLO View Post
    I don't know about you, but I've already lost that much in the stock market this year.
    Gambling never was my thing...

Leave a comment:

• CNGLO
    replied

I don't know about you, but I've already lost that much in the stock market this year.

Leave a comment:

• wrenchmonkey
    replied

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
    That debt comes out to $37,000 for every man woman and child in the US.
    I don't know about you, but that's more money than I made last year...

Leave a comment:

• Highmarker
    replied

Have you not seen an increase of traffic on the highways since gasoline prices fell below $4/gal.? My wife and I have.

Leave a comment:

• jetboatjohnny
    replied

That debt comes out to $37,000 for every man woman and child in the US.

Leave a comment:

• wrenchmonkey
    replied

Originally posted by delgriffith View Post
    The list of bi-fuels is pretty much limited to late model vehicles with GM 6.0l v8, save for one model year of F-250/350. That's way too restrictive. Ought to be dozens of engines on the list, going back several model years. Anyhow I should say instead that I can't find the bi-fuel vehicle I want.
    You and about 6Million other people! You can thank the beauty of Bureaucracy for that. Hopefully we'll get some changes pushed through, that will allow kits that have already been certified, to not have to be RE-Certified every year. That should free up a lot of kits from previous years makes and models, to go back into production.

Like Josch said though, the urgency seems to have been lost on the masses when gas prices started falling back down. 2 years ago, if you'd told me people would be excited about $3.60/gallon gas, I would have laughed you right off the forums...

It's not gonna stay cheap though. Oil shot up $25/barrel today, due to that awesome little "bail-out" plan that's pushed our debt to over $11.3Trillion. Oil might stay below $4 again for a few more weeks, but just you wait 'till AFTER the elections...

Leave a comment:

• delgriffith
    replied

The list of bi-fuels is pretty much limited to late model vehicles with GM 6.0l v8, save for one model year of F-250/350. That's way too restrictive. Ought to be dozens of engines on the list, going back several model years. Anyhow I should say instead that I can't find the bi-fuel vehicle I want.

Leave a comment:

• Lancer Automotive Group
    replied

We are currently doing the FuelTek conversion on 5.4L F250 and F350. With in the month we will be adding a EPA certified Bi-Fuel Ford Focus

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

Originally posted by delgriffith View Post
    ...but I can't find bi-fuel vehicles that are EPA certified.
    EPA certified bi-fuel retrofits are available from Baytech and FuelTek, listing is here:
    http://www.ngvamerica.org/pdfs/marke...ses.NGVs-a.pdf

Leave a comment:

• delgriffith
    replied

I don't think it's reasonable to expect individual people to see the big picture. They are rightly concerned mainly with cost. Streamlining EPA certification and encouraging manufacturers to offer bi-fuel vehicles would make a huge difference. Bi-fuel vehicles don't leave you exposed to nearly as much risk if the price of oil drops, and give you freedom to travel outside of areas with CNG filling stations. For me that would make all the difference, but I can't find bi-fuel vehicles that are EPA certified.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis
    replied

I see what you're sayin, Josch. Trust me, the next gas run up will resolve that issue. We Americans are responsive primarily to the pain in our wallets. Ease the pain a bit and the urgency seems to fade.

Don't worry, the world is more than willing to create a little urgency for us once again... just a matter of when. I doubt we'll have to wait all that long. In the mean time, the smart ones are putting themselves in place to respond when it does.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X