Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CraziFuzzy
    replied
    Re: Anyone for Rate-base Regulation?????

Originally posted by freedml View Post
    Read the original post. AQMD pulled the funding because it was going "with out" competitive bidding. CE was about to get yet another 'sweet deal' at taxpayer expense when AQMD stopped them. Sounds like they did the right thing.
    If that is the case, then perhaps cngmike's post is worded incorrectly, he wrote:
    Originally posted by cngmike View Post
    A south Orange County school district is going to install a privet station with out going out to compitive bid. CE got wind of it and had one of there lackies at AQMD cancel the funding tell it went out to competitive bid.
    This, at least to me, means that the School District was attempting to have someone install a private station. CE saw this, and brought it up to ensure that the District went through the bidding process (Presumably, CE hoped to win the bid). This is not unfair, in fact, it is the district's policy. If this is not the case, please correct me.

Also, things like this should not be discussed in generalities either. This is what makes groups like this forum start to lose credability. Using 'A south Orange County school district' instead of stating the actual district does nothing but degrade the potential strength of the statement.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

Read the original post. AQMD pulled the funding because it was going "with out" competitive bidding. CE was about to get yet another 'sweet deal' at taxpayer expense when AQMD stopped them. Sounds like they did the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied

So all they have to do is put a clause in the bit that the public price will be ... with ... being something like the following.

The price of natural gas plus costs plus fixed amount for profit.

The same price plus n as what the district pays.

Something equally good or better.

I'm sure they can come up with something.

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

Originally posted by cngmike View Post
    A south Orange County school district is going to install a privet station with out going out to compitive bid. CE got wind of it and had one of there lackies at AQMD cancel the funding tell it went out to competitive bid.
    So the unfair business practices you are claiming they are taking part in is actually them trying to make sure the school district properly obeys their bidding/purchasing policy? Yes, it is a bit of a d!ck move, but they are in the right here. Besides, if it is a private station, who cares if CE operates it? If they can provide the station for cheaper than others, wouldn't they be the best option for the school district? That's what the bidding process is all about.

And if part of CE's bid is them making the station public, I still fail to see how an overpriced CE public station would be worse than a non-CE run private station. I wouldn't want CE to do it, but I sure wish the private CNG station at my school district was public, even as a close-to-home backup station.

Leave a comment:

• ch4
    replied

A CE attorney "contacted" one of our group members for voicing an opinion.

Strange thing was the member was actutally pro CE.

Leave a comment:

• cngmike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

My question is, WHAT did CE do to 'stick their fingers in it'? and how was it unfair business practices.. trust me, we ALL dislike CE here, but we can't talk in hints and rumors.

Leave a comment:

• cngmike
    replied

I know the guy who is renting the equipment to the station that Steve was suppose to install until CE stuck there fingers in to it.

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

Originally posted by Tax Counsel View Post
    Don't be fooled. It've heard rumors that CE is using their attorneys to stifle competition. Just ask the owner of California Clean Fuels, the company operating the CNG station on Woodruff in Bellflower . . .
    This is hardly the site to talk 'rumors' of such a sort. If the owner of California Clean Fuels, who you must have talked to, has any details, we'd love to hear them, but when we're trying to actually get stuff done around here, it's hard if we don't have real information.

Leave a comment:

• echamberlain
    replied

I've asked PUC attorneys about CNG suppliers.

The PUC doesn't regulate fuel suppliers, they are regulated by CARB.

Leave a comment:

• Tax Counsel
    replied

Don't be fooled. It've heard rumors that CE is using their attorneys to stifle competition. Just ask the owner of California Clean Fuels, the company operating the CNG station on Woodruff in Bellflower . . .

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

It is not an enforcable monopoly if noone has even TRIED to compete. Anti-trust laws and regulations come into play if the market holder uses unfair business practices to squeeze out competition. CE has noone even trying to fight against them, so you can't say they are being unfair to anyone. The few areas that they DO have competition, they, instead of trying to force them out of business, simply got in a small price war, and both enteties have stabalized at a somewhat reasonable market price. This would happen elsewhere, if there were enough cars on the road to warrant someone throwing their hat in the ring.

Leave a comment:

• p71
    replied

Thanks for the link.

I'm going to exercise my freedom of speech right to let them know what I think about Clean Energy's outrageous price hikes in Los Angeles.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

They wouldn't regulate the whole company, just the CNG-selling-to-the-public part. If CE is using gov. grants to build these dispenser stations and then making a big percentage on the CNG sold to the public they will be ordered to lower their prices.

I have never compared them to a big oil company. I'm all for competition, but there is no competition in CNG. There wasn't much competition in CNG before CE took over the SCG and LBG stations. About the only exception was Glendale/Burbank where two stations were only a couple of miles apart. Once Glendale was gone the price at Burbank rose to the level of the other CE stations.

No matter how big or small they are, they have a monopoly in selling CNG to the public in many areas, and that's what the PUC does, regulate monopolies.

Leave a comment:

• CNG-UNIT
    replied

I think your going to have a tough sell on something like this. CE is not a major retail chain, its primarily a fleet based fuel provider, and it is still a small company in comparison to many utiitlies and especially the big oil companies you often compare it to.

They dont even have a profit on the books, so I feel like you are going to have a tough time convincing a regulatory agency that they need to be regulated. Maybe years from now there might be a case for this, but right now I am 100% in the "more competition" school. And I think that will certainly happen in the future. If pickens plan does get some traction and especially if the OEM's ever choose to re-enter the domestic NGV production market, CE will not be the only game in town anymore and they will need to shift their business models a bit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X