Fuel Injectors, clean vrs replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel Injectors, clean vrs replace

I sent all 4 of my fuel injectors to Lindertech for cleaning and service for my 2000 Honda Civic GX. Initial symptoms were P0301, very loud clicking from injector #1and noticeably louder clicking from injector #3 than #2 and #4. I first bought 2 new injectors and replaced #1 and #3 and car ran "fine" with no check engine light. I drove the car for about 2,000 miles like this. When I was going on vacation, I decided to send all 4 original injectors to Lindertech for their $29.95 each service. Lindertech charged me for only 3 injectors stating that the final flow from injector #1 was out of range. They include a flow report for before and after service and #2, #3, and #4 were fine. I installed a new injector in #1 and the cleaned injectors in #2, #3, and #4. The car now idles smoother than ever and injector #3 clicking is as quiet as the others. As a preventive measure, I would highly recommend sending your injectors to Lindertech.

Comment

Originally posted by olescarb View Post
      I am assuming heat plays a factor with this?
      I assume it would be from the insulation breaking down, this could be from poor insulation on the coil, heat or exposure to the fuel being used (CNG). General Motors had an issue with the fuel degrading the internal injector o-rings of thier multec fuel injectors which allowed the fuel to then attack the insulation of the injector coils thus creating a shorted coil, my question is could the CNG be leaking past the o-rings inside the injector and then causing the injector coil insulation to fail like the multec injectors did with gasoline?

Henry @ oles carb[/QUOTE]

Only reason I say this is my 99 GX looks like the high press. filter was never changed. I also looked at the high press. regulator and oil is saturated all over the outside, in the fuel rail there was oil dripping out. I have since changed it, but the funny thing is, this car runs like a champ with 160K miles on it

Comment

Natural gas should bother the coils or insulation in the injectors. I would be more concerned about oil or moisture getting into the injectors or carbon forming around the tips from oil intrained in the gas. I would think that cleaning fluid, alcohol or sea foam attacking the insulation. Of course John Deere recommended alcohol for cleaning the injectors and they were the Bosch type injectors.
        Larrycng

Comment

I wouldn't worry about CNG attacking the coils or insulation. I would be more concerned about any clean fluid put through the fuel system causing electrical problems. My other concern would oil entrained in the natural gas causing carbon to build up around the injector tips.

Jim Linder does good work, I have used his services on gasoline injectors.

Larrycng

Comment

I am replacing mine. I first bought rebuilt ones off eBay. They were beck 155-0481, but when they arrived they were nothing at all like the Keihin ud13-bb63 units that came with the car. So, I returned them. Strangely, Autozone tried to sell me the exact same thing, claiming their system said they fit too. Advance and oreilly did not carry them. They said an Aus part might work but just looking at it there was no way. Ok, so using the original honda part number 16450-rne-a01 I found original parts on eBay for 160$ each.

Comment

I never had luck with having the fuel injectors serviced. If you have working ones cleaned that is probably OK but the clinkers always came back as clinkers from the service. Used to buy from Auto Zone for about $160 (yes they have them just make sure you do not get the gasoline engine ones since folks in the store are probably not familiar with CNG vehicles). Auto Zone now wants $248. Got new ones from Rock Auto for $157 today, installed them and no issues. Can't say my experience is the same as others but I've owned GXs for over a decade and have replaced a few injectors during this time and never was able to bring a clinker back to life.

Comment

Working...
              X