• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alright where's the CE guy

Main Entry: po·lite
    Pronunciation: \pə-ˈlīt\
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): po·lit·er; po·lit·est
    Etymology: Middle English (Scots) polit, Latin politus, from past participle of polire
    Date: 15th century
    1 a: of, relating to, or having the characteristics of advanced culture b: marked by refined cultural interests and pursuits especially in arts and belles lettres
    2 a: showing or characterized by correct social usage b: marked by an appearance of consideration, tact, deference, or courtesy c: marked by a lack of roughness or crudities <polite literature>

(((ADDENDUM TO DICTIONARY)))
    3 a: Occasionally spouting off when you are frustrated with big oil and small oil companies. Occasionally causing grief and havoc on employees and investors of big oil companies. Occasional cussing and foaming at the mouth due to smaller wallets.

Yes, let's be POLITE!

Comment

Originally posted by CNGfamily View Post
      This may not be your territory, but is CE considering putting in a station in Yuma, AZ? Thanks!
      I checked with our AZ rep and nothing in the near future for Yuma is on the books, although they are planning to meet with refuse and transit operators in the area shortly.

We always try to add public access to our fleet stations so there is a chance that may yield a new site in the area in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Energy - CO View Post
        I checked with our AZ rep and nothing in the near future for Yuma is on the books, although they are planning to meet with refuse and transit operators in the area shortly.

We always try to add public access to our fleet stations so there is a chance that may yield a new site in the area in a few years.
        Thanks for chasing that down! A public station in Yuma would be the bridge that would get people like me to San Diego from PHX in a GX, or just make trips to Yuma from PHX possible with dedicated vehicles.
        2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
        Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
        Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
        Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Originally posted by CNGfamily View Post
          Thanks for chasing that down! A public station in Yuma would be the bridge that would get people like me to San Diego from PHX in a GX, or just make trips to Yuma from PHX possible with dedicated vehicles.
          There is also a system at the Riverside County Yard in Blythe. This would be an excellent location for a public station, I believe I could make the Riverside -> Phoenix trip in my Crown Vic if I could refill in Blythe.

Of course, if you get a station in Blythe and Yuma, you really SHOULD have one in Needles as well. That way all routes are covered.
          1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
          2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

There is also a system at the Riverside County Yard in Blythe.
            If Riverside county could just make it public accessible, that would be best. Their Riverside yard has some of the best prices in So. Cal.

Comment

Don't confuse the Riverside city yard with the cheap prices with the riverside county yard in blythe. they are not affiliated at all. And Riverside has gotten a little more expensive of late (2.17... 1.53 just a couple months ago), making Ontario the only hold-out for cheap cheap gas. I'm guessing Ontario just doens't track their prices and update them as often.. i believe their price changed once in the last 2 years.

Comment

Hi CanAm,

Thanks for the link, I have never heard of this grant, likely due to it being a Canadian program. I did find an additional contact for you though. Per email from one of our office staff in HQ.

"Yes, Clean Energy still administers the NGV grants from Terasen in Canada. If a customer has a question you can refer them to Kareem Allam [email protected], 604-592-8216 at Terasen or Gary Lengle if he is available. It is for vehicles that are 5 years old or newer, up to $2500 for high mileage vehicles, closer to $1500 for average mileage vehicles. "

Comment

Don't confuse the Riverside city yard with the cheap prices with the riverside county yard in blythe. they are not affiliated at all.
                  My mistake. Your right, one is City the Other is County..

Comment

What I don't want to see are any more CE takeovers with the high prices that go invariably with it. I'd much rather see Trillium get some build outs so we start having REAL competition.

Look at what happen with the Anaheim and Garden Grove stations. When Trillium took over the Anaheim station prices at the CE Garden Grove station started dropping like the proverbial rock. Heck CE even tried to knock off Trillium by dropping their price all the way down to $2.05 but it didn't work. CE is now holding at $2.30 while all of their other stations are charging $3.00 or more.

This proves that competition does work and why the CE monopoly needs to be broken.

For me I speak with the money I spend and I don't spend it with CE. Even when they lowered the price to $2.05 I still didn't spend any with them.
                    John

Comment

In all honesty, any of these border stations would end up being more expensive, simply due to the fact that there will never be any competition there... Could they realy sstain more than one station in the area at all?

And seriously, one fill-up per long distance trip is not THAT much to complain about, and the ability to make said trip would be enough to justify the high price...

As they say.. location location location....

Comment

Finally got my rebate form. I had to send them my own stamped envelope, as they said it would cost too much to mail out the form!

Comment

Working...
                        X