• CNG MOTORS
    replied
    Re: Quick question to moderator - CNGmotors - and others

and nine months later out came a SMART

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

Someone at the Ohio Honda factory said he saw a male Civic GX and female Civic Hybrid sneaking away for a tryst in a dark corner...

Leave a comment:

• josch
    replied

Well I never claimed to be a genius. Some things are just simply over my head

Leave a comment:

• cnghal
    replied

Josch,
    Perhaps you missed the point, or at least the post:
    http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1014
    We've been having this conversation elsewhere and you might be suprised that Murphy is actually working on a solution(not meant to be a slam Murphy).

Leave a comment:

• josch
    replied

Originally posted by CNG MOTORS View Post
    If you could buy a civic hybrid and a civic gx for the same premium why wouldn't you go with the GX? Same fuel economy. Cheaper fuel, cleaner burning, unless the hybrid technology gets improved upon then it's the next E85 joke. Now the libertarian in me (I'm actually an independent) says the better technology already exists but oil&government is keeping it squashed/ paid off the inventor/ or snuffed him out.

CNG is way to big and out of control now that they can't get their arms around it , they can't take us all out. But they can slow the growth and technology queue the EPA.
    Perhaps you didn't understand what I had meant. I spoke of hybrid as 'the technology', not 'the hybrid car sold today'. I spoke of COMBINING the 2 great technologies together into one car. Hybrid is only a means for collecting lost kinetic energy that EVERY CAR wastes. What is ever dumb about that? Obviously as the vehicles stand now, I'd rather buy the GX because it burned CNG (if I cared about EPA), or rather just buy a hybrid, and convert it to CNG to get the best of BOTH worlds. Hybrid technology has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with gasoline or oil or anything. It is a generator/motor mounted in between the engine and transmission that collects/disburses energy using a battery and a hi-tech control unit. What does that have to do with gasoline? That device could be installed on diesel, cng, propane, or even fuel-cell vehicles. Please try to look outside the box on this. That's all I was suggesting.

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied
    Re: Keep the theories flowing, folks!

Don't worry Murphy, I get the joke. Seriously though, the current problem with Hybrids AND CNG Vehicles, is with the exception of the Prius and the Insight, they are all designed around gasoline usage, and the designs are just modified from there. This is why there are space restrictions (like the cng cylinder in the trunk of the GX, or even the Crown Vic). If a car was actually designed from the ground up to be CNG, like the Prius and Insight were designed to have the batteries, there would be no real space compromize. If the car was build around the CNG cylinders, AND a battery pack, the CNG-Hybrid would be feasable. The problem here is financial. It is extremely expensive to design an entire car from the ground up. The prospective sale numbers in the recent past haven't been there. Now that gasoline is finally approaching a true value price, the market is developing for this niche-extreme efficient cars, and you will slowly start to see them emerge.

Remeber, we're all 'early-adopters' in here... you have to step out of that role to see how the general population buys, and it's this general population that drives the market, sadly, and not us.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied
    Keep the theories flowing, folks!

Originally posted by Techie View Post
    I know conspiracy is not welcomed on this chat....
    Don't know where you heard that... we welcome conspiracy theories here, especially when it comes to big oil and the money that greases the palms in Washington.

Leave a comment:

• Techie
    replied

Originally posted by CNG MOTORS View Post
    Remember E85 when it first came out and everyone latched on to it like it was the answer to all our prayers, Except those of us that really new what was going on. E85 had always been a big joke another compromise between government and big oil. Well where is E85 now?

If you could buy a civic hybrid and a civic gx for the same premium why wouldn't you go with the GX? Same fuel economy. Cheaper fuel, cleaner burning, unless the hybrid technology gets improved upon then it's the next E85 joke. Now the libertarian in me (I'm actually an independent) says the better technology already exists but oil&government is keeping it squashed/ paid off the inventor/ or snuffed him out.

CNG is way to big and out of control now that they can't get their arms around it , they can't take us all out. But they can slow the growth and technology queue the EPA.
    Excellent point!!! You ROCK!!!

I would like to add. It takes 3 gallons of crude oil to produce 1 gallon of ethanol. Yes, CNG Motors, you hit the nail right on the head. It was a compromise between the government and big oil. While the alleged E85 was produced, it is still 15% gasoline in it! Even more crude oil is being used to produce ethanol than to just burn straight gasoline!

Now, the natural gas. Around North America, they still burn off methane at coal mines! You can see those tall stacks with flame coming from them - that's mostly methane - raw material for CNG. We have been wasting methane at landfills by just simply venting it. We have been pumping and just burning off methane from wastewater plants. I know conspiracy is not welcomed on this chat, but what else can I call this? Stupidity?

If we captured all methane that we are dying to basically waste, I would not be surprised that there would be enough to run most vehicles in North America. I think methane can be produced at least just as good as ethanol. In fact, methane is produced during ethanol production, and, you guessed it, it gets vented off.

There is also an inexpensive way to pull a flammable gas out of coal, that gas can be made into CNG or even LPG.

CNG Motors, I am glad you see the picture. Love your views.

Leave a comment:

• c2sox
    replied

How about hybrid and CNG technology coupled with these new motors?

http://www.revetec.com/index.html

Leave a comment:

• CNG MOTORS
    replied

Remember E85 when it first came out and everyone latched on to it like it was the answer to all our prayers, Except those of us that really new what was going on. E85 had always been a big joke another compromise between government and big oil. Well where is E85 now?

Leave a comment:

• cnghal
    replied

Pricey yes, and they void your warranty.
    One kit even comes with a new battery pack so when you take your car to the dealer for warranty service, you swap systems.
    I believe that system is only around $25k.
    If you think playing with high pressure CNG can be scary, just dive under the hood of a 400 Volt electrical system which is what some hybrids are.
    I'm courious, if Lithium explodes when introduced to water, what would happen to Hybrid Escape with a Lithium Ion battery backing down a boat ramp? Sounds like fodder for YouTube!
    Last edited by cnghal; 06-07-2008, 03:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian
    replied

Originally posted by Uraijit View Post
    Why doesn't someone come out with a kit to make them "plugin" capable? It can't be that hard...
    The kits exist...they are just way to pricey. Kind of like $18,000 cng conversions

Leave a comment:

• cnghal
    replied

Murphy,
    You forgot one big point, If hybrids aren't a joint OEM, Big Oil, Bureaucratic conspiracy, then why can't you plug them in to your house or a solar array and never use gas for a short commute to work or trip to the corner store?

Leave a comment:

• CNG MOTORS
    replied

I would have chimed in sooner had I saw this thread but here goes. To truly understand my distain for Hybrids you must be an Arizona resident with a bi-fuel vehicle.

1. All bi-fuel vehicle were kicked out of AZ HOV lanes to make room for 10,000 hybrids.
    2. I have a sense of humor about everything and apperental some don't
    3. I use this picture to get under peoples skin because some of you allow it to happen. Mama always said nobody can hurt your feellings only you can allow your feellings to by hurt.
    4. Civic Hybrid gets 40 mpg yes it does a buddy of mine just bought one. GX's (CNG) also get 40mpg
    5. Batteries, landfill , self explanitory
    6. I truly believe Hybrids were the comprimise between polititions and big oil. Polititions needed the appearance that they were doing something about the environment and big oil need you to keep using oil. We have been brain washed to think this is good.
    7. This is not hybridchat.com

Don't get me wrong Hydrids are better than doing nothing. But it's just 1 step, why wouldn't you take 5 or 10 steps if you could. Tell me how you like your Prius at $8 per gallon. Can't happen no? Already $8/ gallon is Europe I just came from there 1 week ago.

For those with sensitive feelings please advert your eyes now. Here comes the Calvin
    Last edited by CNG MOTORS; 06-07-2008, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Idarusskie
    replied

actually this fits the logo better.

http://www.livescience.com/health/05...e_battery.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X