This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K&N Filter performance?

Ive always wondered if all the positive testimonials were due more to changing a old dirty filter with a new K&N, just like changing oil and plugs also help. One thing most miss is that the KN can live for a long time, but it does need to be washed out and re-oiled regularly to do any good as a dust filter. Most new cars come with a large filter element that is not as much worse than the kn design as the older designs. If you want more power, a more aggressive camshaft and headers/open mufflers will do a lot more than a filter and cold air pipe. More power generally means worse mileage.

Comment

The washable air filters are an improvement over the paper element type, and cleaning them is not as much of a chore as it sounds. I have two trucks with the K&N and one with an AFE intake set up. I prefer the AFE for it's fit and it sounds good when you stomp on it. Joe

Comment

if I was going to do anything it would be the ex system and also if you run fast besides duels go with biger pipe dont forget the muffler and the cats or no cats if you are going to just drive it off road need to be bigger and duel ex with a y pipe to the cat aint duel ex just duel tail pipes remember your motor is just a air pump get in and out easyer more hp to the wheels and I do like the k&n also

Comment

Londoner and mbalace,

I stand corrected about the Crown Vic I had . I ran across the vin # and it decodes to a p74 " sport ? " . this model was not the std lx, this explains the dual exhaust

Comment

Working...
          X