Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gap23
    replied
    I just used the trip planner in the last week, make sure you put the city then comma then state abbreviation.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied
    San Diego to Utah is very doable on CNG.

Click on the "CNG Stations" link above and then take a look at the Dept. of Energy web site for addresses. These are my go-to stations:

Top off in Victorville at D Street. Then you don't need to fill at Barstow (its expensive and the dispenser is finicky).

Best fill in Las Vegas is on Paradise by the airport. But the North Las Vegas station on Losee Rd is more convenient to I-15 (it will fill you to 3000 psi or so).

St. George isn't far and the Riverside Dr. station has great fills. But if you want a convenience store, food & bathroom head up to Hurricane or even up to Cedar City.

Scipio is a good station but I have been there when the card reader wouldn't connect and someone was stranded... Top off here but don't rely on it. There is a nice petting zoo at the station if you have kids traveling with you

And then on the Wasatch Front there are all kinds of stations, see the map.'

Safe travels,
    John

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied
    James , I am not sure cngprices website is being actively maintained these days. I suggest you send a pm to Both John Mitton ( CNGCHAT website owner, in SLC area) and to 300mileclub ( Bill) . Both have made the trip many times.
    What vehicle are you driving ? CNG Civic ?
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 12-06-2018, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• James Oddo
    replied
    I'm trying to plan a trip from San Diego to Salt Lake City and was unable to use the trip planner. When I try to input a starting and ending destination is says "invalid address." Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• cnggirl
    replied
    Re: Trip planner now available on CNGPrices.com

The trip planner was a priceless tool on my trip from Utah to San Diego. I will never again travel without having a trip planner with me. Great work!!!

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

Originally posted by bakaroma View Post
    I really want to make it to Denver with my Civic. Does anybody know how reliable the Rock Springs and Cheyenne pumps have been?
    See:
    http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1633

Leave a comment:

• Curtis
    replied

John, time to upgrade the old 486mhz with the 14.2 modem...
    Try going to the site and walk away from the computer for a while. Takes a few to load the maps on my dial up when I have a good connection speed. Try adding some memory to speed it up overall.

Leave a comment:

• jetboatjohnny
    replied

Todd, Thanks for the quick reply. I've had some other issues with my home computer, maybe it's something else. I guess I could try a different browser like IE or Firefox, I'm using Opera. Anyway I guess you got the message about my station being back in operation, I hate to see it in black! See you again at the cruise in.
    Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 05-27-2008, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cngprices
    replied

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
    I know this is off topic, but can anyone tell me how I can use the cngprices.com on a dialup connection?
    For some reason I cant get a map to come up.
    I know of no technical reason that the map shouldn't come up. Are you able to get regular Google maps to come up OK? Over a dial up connection everything is going to be rather slow since there is a lot of data being transferred to get all of the station information on there.

On my to-do list which gets longer and longer no matter how much I work on it, is a lower bandwidth version of the site that will give you a static map. However, since Google doesn't allow this in their terms of service, it's a task that has been put off a number of times. =) But if anyone has experience doing google maps for mobile, by all means PM me!

Cheers,
    Todd

Leave a comment:

• jetboatjohnny
    replied

I know this is off topic, but can anyone tell me how I can use the cngprices.com on a dialup connection?
    For some reason I cant get a map to come up.

Leave a comment:

• bakaroma
    replied

I really want to make it to Denver with my Civic. Does anybody know how reliable the Rock Springs and Cheyenne pumps have been?

Leave a comment:

• cngprices
    replied

Originally posted by cnguser View Post
    Great tool! Not sure if this has been mentioned but it needs to have the actual road mileage (as used on MAPQUEST) between 2 locations - not aerial distance as the crow flies.
    CNGUser -

That would prove difficult to do. In order to get actual road mileage, I would have to ask Google for directions from one station to the other, for every station. In some trips, there might be 50 stations listed, which would mean that I have to ask Google for 50 different sets of directions. This has two problems. The first is that asking for 50 different sets of directions would take a long time. The second is that Google limits the number of times a web site can ask for directions in a day before they charge you lots of money. It's a fairly high limit, but if I had to get 50 sets of directions every time someone got directions, it could cause all of my maps to not work if enough people got directions in a day.

On the other hand, calculating "as the crow flies" distances is very easy and fast, which is why I do it that way. Perhaps as a compromise I could add a link after the distance that would allow you to get directions and actual distance between any two stations. This would mean that the actual distance is only calculated "on demand". Would that work?

Cheers,
    Todd

Leave a comment:

• cnguser
    replied

Todd
    Great tool! Not sure if this has been mentioned but it needs to have the actual road mileage (as used on MAPQUEST) between 2 locations - not aerial distance as the crow flies. I found this when trying it.
    THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• ajgiorgi
    replied

Good Stuff!

Leave a comment:

• cngprices
    replied

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far. It's appreciated! I'll work on some of the things you've mentioned.

Originally posted by Convert2CNG View Post
    do you plan to also include the feature to drag the route to a different path?
    Right now that would be hard since Google does not give web site developers access to that part of their service. If they added it, then it should be easy to add it to the site, but until that time, it would be a very difficult task. The interim solution is to use multiple way-points. So if you wanted to go from San Diego to San Francisco, but needed to be on the coast, you might put in San Diego -> San Luis Obispo -> San Francisco (once I add the feature for multiple way points)

Cheers,
    Todd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X