help uninstalling bi fuel impco chevy system sq-53435=02-001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help uninstalling bi fuel impco chevy system sq-53435=02-001

Friend of mine has a impco cng bi fuel setup on his 2012 silverado. I was trying to help remove this system as the tank is huge and he needs the space in his bed. I unplugged the CNG main computer harness and the vehicle would not start. What needs to be done in order to get his truck running on just regular gas? Does anyone have a owners manual or installation instruction paperwork for this kit? TIA

If you just need the room in the bed just run it out of CNG and remove the tank. you will get an error on the tank valve control circuit. The correct value resistor across the two wires should fix that. That computer you unplugged talks to the ECM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
      If you just need the room in the bed just run it out of CNG and remove the tank. you will get an error on the tank valve control circuit. The correct value resistor across the two wires should fix that. That computer you unplugged talks to the ECM.
      Thank you sir. The other half of the equation is I would like to use as much of this system as possible use on another vehicle.

Comment

Working...
      X