Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas area: any CNG delivery services? (this is NOT an emergency.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas area: any CNG delivery services? (this is NOT an emergency.)

Dallas area, anyone know of a CNG delivery service or someone that does emergency fills? (this is NOT an emergency.)

If you mean a truck with a big tank on the back that dispenses the product like you see propane being delivered? I would think the liability insurance for a truck like that would be huge enough to prevent anyone from doing it or making such a truck.

Comment

I think the insurance would be no worse than a propane truck or a gas tanker and if the numbers make sense who cares what insurance costs. it is just a cost of doing business.

Comment

A CNG truck having a "defuel" nozzle installed where the fill gage and fill nozzle are located may be used to "transfer" fuel from one truck to another (Honda Civics have a check valve and cannot do this) using a transfer hose (usually an $800 item.) Oftentimes refuse companies with CNG rigs will have the transfer hose.

But, there is the intrepid Mark McConville who plies the Southwest helping CNG vehicle manufacturers transfer new rigs across areas without sufficient CNG stations (was a problem prior to 2012):

CNG Logistics

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
          I think the insurance would be no worse than a propane truck or a gas tanker and if the numbers make sense who cares what insurance costs. it is just a cost of doing business.
          Propane is at what, 200 psi max? CNG is a dozen times as much, 3,600 psi. Even if insurance wouldn't be an issue, does anyone make tanks large enough that can handle those pressures?

Comment

I have a ford f700 that has about 37600 cf of natural gas aprox 300 gge it has 12 bus tanks I built it to fuel at the house in tennessee and run to south texas and fill up there for a dollar a gge to come home pulled a 48 foot gooseneck grossed for 56000 did a good job had 2 425 impcos to feed it on 850 holly base plates with a 5 +2 and air brakes

Comment

Working...
            X