Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pleasee

Hey guys!
    my name is Michelle and I have a cng car. It ran out of gas in Lake Tahoe and I took it to the closest station I could find in Auburn California. Unfortunately it’s a pg and e station and it won’t let me fill up unless I have a card! Is there anyone in the area that can help! Please! My cell is (650) 863-3614. I’d appreciate any help I can get

If anyone knows anyone in the auburn, CA area who has an PG and E card, please text me! I’m more than happy to reimburse with cash or Venmo!

Comment

Bummer. Hopefully someone will show up at the station with a card and can help you. PG&E requires that the vehicle have periodic tank inspections before you can get a card, as required under the NFPA-52 code. Here are the next-nearest stations closer in to Sacramento in case you need to tow again:
      https://afdc.energy.gov/stations/#/f...acramento%20ca

Comment

PG&E cards are only to be used for the vehicle they are issued to. Any U-Haul franchise can rent a truck and tow dolly one-way to the nearest 24/7 public fill at 1380 Shore Street West Sacramento, CA (United Parcel Service hub.)

Comment

ok 300 I will agree that that pg&e may require that you have a card. but this is why people dont want anything to do with cng! if I had been near I would have went and filled them up. tow a car from tahoe to sacramento because you dont have the right card let me think it could come off the dolly and cross traffic and hit someone head on and kill them or with no experience they might not get the ball tight and the dolley and car might cross the road and hit someone or they may never have drove anything bigger than a honda cng car do want them towing for the first time behind your mothers car. no? I think it would be much better and safer to just fill them up we have many more catastrophes with people with u hauls than tank explosions !!!!!!!!!! much less the cost of towing that far. we have to remember a lot of people are not as blessed as I am and I hope you are. the cost of the u haul could be their food for the next week. most stations I use dont require anything more than a visa or MC card and I do not think that they have any higher rate of tank explosions than stations requiring a proprietary card . just my opinion that and 2 bucks will get you a cup of coffee

Comment

Cowboy you crack me up!
            Hope the original poster was able to get fueled, please let us know!

Comment

hi john my last post from friday has not been approved. I aint trying to be mean to you just posting my thoughts hope I aint made you mad . have a great day

Comment

Originally posted by Mberta5493 View Post
                I have a cng car. It ran out of gas in Lake Tahoe and I took it to the closest station I could find in Auburn California. Unfortunately it’s a pg and e station and it won’t let me fill up unless I have a card!
                Assume this has been taken care of, but why couldn't you have just waited at the station until someone else fueling up pulls in and ask them if they could fill up your car and you would give them an extra twenty on top. Lot cheaper than towing. Or get AAA Premier which has 200 mile towing.

Comment

Originally posted by atikovi View Post

Assume this has been taken care of, but why couldn't you have just waited at the station until someone else fueling up pulls in and ask them if they could fill up your car and you would give them an extra twenty on top. Lot cheaper than towing. Or get AAA Premier which has 200 mile towing.
                  These days some of the lesser used stations have very little non-commercial traffic. Many years ago ( 2003) , I was traveling up the California coast , got stuck at the CE station in SLO. My card was good in LA , but needed to be activated for stations out of my home area. Just my luck , the phone line to the station equipment was down . Not a happy day on that trip . Had to head back and re route. could not make it to salinas from slo

Still want to know how to get stuck in Lake Tahoe ? 80 miles from a non PG and E station in one direction and a lot further in the other direction ?

Comment

I can easily see how this could happen. I just drove from Los Angeles to Barstow, I mapped 3 locations out that way to fill up at. The first one in Victorville was non operational all the pumps. I was still 28 miles from Barstow I had passed another Victorville station on my way to this one., I figured I would be ok since there were some reviews of the one I was at. Something about a 2 digit code etc. I then had to backtrack 15 mins out of the way to the other station. Luckily I google mapped this location earlier and actually zoomed in on the address and saw the actual pumps (thank god for google street view) this location was functional but was completely DARK no lights. I’m not a chicken shit, but the neighborhood I was in and the lack of lighting definitely had me on alert. mind you 6 out of the 10 stations I’ve been too since I’ve owned my Cng have been in some remote deserted part of town. And I prefer to travel at night. Some of these stations don’t even have lights. Let alone anyone near by or filling up. Which wouldn’t be helpful in a emergency situation. At this point It’s very discouraging to keep running into a more then 50% chance there’s going to be a issue with the pump or payment options. I have AAA because I don’t want to end up like this girl. But not everyone has the luxury.
                    I’m currently in the process of applying for a pg&e gas card because I want the most filling options when I decide to drive up north. And they require a inspection certificate which cost me 225$ for the guy to come for 10 mins to use windex and make sure my tank didn’t leak and wasn’t expired. Now they want me to go to a “training session” which has to take place at one of their facilities. Nearest one to me is Bakersfield (3hrs from la)
                    When the clean energy card was really easy to get.

i don’t see how Anyone would want to convert to Cng. Quite honestly, I’m trying to see the good side about it. It’s just so ironic as I’m frantically looking for the stations I’m passing by all these regular gas stations all bright with snacks and bathrooms. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X