Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fyi Cngprices.com

FYI,

I was online at cngprices.com and noticed the CNG station in San Fernando go to inop status. About 1/2 later I got a call from a C/E rep about fliers for my cars for sale being posted at their stations. My flyers list Burbank and San Fernando stations having the cheapest prices. I drove straight to the San Fernando station and it is up and running fine. Something fishy here I think..

Mario
    818-822-6105
    www.CNGCARS.LA
    Mario
    AAA CNG SYSTEMS
    CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Re: Fyi Cngprices.com

Going by San Fernando on the 20th what psi are there pumps and is the price sitll $ 1.99?

Comment

[email protected]
      [email protected]
      Mario
      AAA CNG SYSTEMS
      CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Originally posted by CNGCARS View Post
        FYI,

I was online at cngprices.com and noticed the CNG station in San Fernando go to inop status. About 1/2 later I got a call from a C/E rep about fliers for my cars for sale being posted at their stations. My flyers list Burbank and San Fernando stations having the cheapest prices. I drove straight to the San Fernando station and it is up and running fine. Something fishy here I think..

Mario
        818-822-6105
        www.CNGCARS.LA
        Not that this really means anything, but I was at the San Fernando station on Friday afternoon, May 2. Then, the station was listed as down. I thought it was odd too that such a new station like that could have issues.

It would certainly be easy for anyone to list the station as being down on cngprices.com, whether it is or isn't. I wonder if the moderator can track who is updating the station info on the web site, and whether they're doing it repeatedly?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Green GX View Post
          It would certainly be easy for anyone to list the station as being down on cngprices.com, whether it is or isn't. I wonder if the moderator can track who is updating the station info on the web site, and whether they're doing it repeatedly?

Bill -

Right now I can only track what people do by IP address, but I don't really do that too much. When the site was smaller than it is now, I don't think I was getting any defacing, or intentional changes that weren't true. I'm not so sure anymore ... I get price updates occasionally for Riverside at $5.00 and there are some stations that get flashed working/not working fairly regularly. However, with over 6000 stations in my combined database (CNG + alt fuels) it is hard to keep track of everything.

On my list of to-do's is to add logins to the pages which are optional. Once you have had an account for a couple weeks and have had, say, 10 price updates confirmed, then future price updates are automatic (as long as the changes are within 25% of the current price or something similar). However, I don't want to remove anonymous access because not everyone will be willing to sign up for an account.

Todd
          CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
          CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
          AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Todd,

I'm not sure at cngprices.com why Bakersfield PG & E shows a price of $2.89 per gge, and Fresno PG & E showed $3.99 yesterday, but $2.47 today. I don't live in PG & E's territory, but I do use their stations when I travel. There may be someone on this chat who can provide more accurate information than I can. It is my understanding that PG &E does not post their price on their pumps, they adjust the price every month, and all stations have the same price. According to the PG & E website at http://www.pge.com/tariffs/tm2/pdf/G...EDS_G-NGV2.pdf, the price was $2.42578 per gge starting May 1, 2008.

Also, I fueled at San Fernando last evening and the station was working fine, but it shows as being down again today. I think someone is messing with the information.

Michael

Comment

Todd,

Please add the Kern County Superintendent of Schools public CNG refueling station to cngprices.com. I had heard about this station some time ago, but had never verified that it was okay until yesterday, when I used it.

Location -- from freeway 99, take freeway 58 east, toward Tehachapi 2.3 miles to S. Union Ave. South on S. Union Ave one block. Station is on the southwest corner of S. Union Ave. and Terrace Way.

Hours -- 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.

Pressure -- one 3000 psi dispenser and one 3600 psi dispenser. Got a pretty good fill from the 3600 psi dispenser on May 11, 2008.

Payment -- I wish I would have paid more attention. It took my Visa card just fine, and I think it will take most major credit cards. (This would be a good alternative for travelers who don't have a PG & E card).

Price -- $2.28 per gge on May 11, 2008. This is less than PG & E right now.

Other features -- no canopy, receipt printer (although I couldn't get it to work), trash can, looks like there is sufficient lighting (although I fueled in daylight).

Comment

I noticed the other day the Union City place went from 2.17 to about 3.90, now it's back much lower. Seems like somebody must be having a few too many beers

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Todd,

Please add the Kern County Superintendent of Schools public CNG refueling station to cngprices.com. I had heard about this station some time ago, but had never verified that it was okay until yesterday, when I used it.
                  Michael -

I added the station with your comments about location, hours, etc.

Cheers,
                  Todd
                  CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
                  CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
                  AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

could it be some unscroupulous cng gas station owner is trying to sway people away from the competition?

Comment

Used San Fernando again yesterday afternoon (Friday) and it works fine. Still $1.99 GGE too.

Comment

You can find the history from 2007 and 2008 of PG&E Vehicle NG prices at http://www.pge.com/tariffs/GNGV2_Current.xls

Comment

Originally posted by DannyCNG View Post
                          could it be some unscroupulous cng gas station owner is trying to sway people away from the competition?
                          One way to avoid this from happening (or at least make it difficult) is to have a new price confirmed by another user (use a different IP as the user ID).
                          Maybe when a new price is submitted the tag on the map is blinking as an indication, if another user clicks on the price the info pops up that a new price has been submitted and waits for confirmation.

Comment

Strangely, our (Trillium's) Anaheim station was marked as down too, which it wasn't... hmm...

Todd, thanks for all that you do with that site. It's the best of its kind of there on the web. Its should be compliment that it gets so much "attention"!

Comment

Jennifer,

I wasn't the person who listed it as "down", but I (and several taxi drivers) were having a heck of a time with the credit card reader at the Trillium Anaheim station on Tuesday. You would insert the card, enter your pin, it would say "Waiting..." and then "Connecting..." and then say "Unknown Response" and stay on that screen for about 60 seconds before letting you try again.

After three or four tries, it would finally go from "Connecting" to "Verifying" and then approve the purchase and let you get gas.

So someone *may* have had the same issue, gave up, and marked the pump as down. *shrug*

BTW.... just to let you know, this is my favorite station now!

Thanks,
                              Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X