Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a CNG truck

Hi everyone!

After doing my research, I've decided a cng bi-fuel is the only way to go when I buy a truck.

I'm looking at buying a Ford truck from a personal party. Are there any specific things I should look for in the maintenance or performance relating to the CNG?

Thanks!

Amber

Re: Buying a CNG truck

The compuvalve has an 8 year/80,000 mile warranty. This part is the brains behind the bi-fuel system. I had to replace mine shortly after I purchased my used F-150 bi-fuel. Luckily it was under warranty and I didn't need to shell out the $2000 to replace it. Just a consideration when buying a Ford.

Comment

I would also drive the vehicle on both fuels to assure there are no existing problems and then inspect the carb for gasoline leaks. Some folks drive almost exclusively on the cheaper fuel, and the gaskets in the carb dry out, causing leaks and fire hazard.

The compuvalve is by far the most critical thing to be aware of. You may have a cng shop that could do a pre-purchase inspection of the vehicle, including brakes, electrical, and general safety issues.

Better to spend the $40 or $50 to make sure.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thank you!

I'm actually having my regular mechanic (who has guys trained on CNG cars) look at it right now! If he okays it, I may just have a CNG truck tonight.

Amber

Comment

Working...
        X