slightly off idle, feels like a studder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: slightly off idle, feels like a studder

So, I replaced the EGR valve and it didn't help. I then had it hooked up to a computer and found out that it was running lean and the issue is with the fuel delivery. I had the injectors clean in a ultrasonic cleaner and also had them spray tested. Replaced the o-rings and just reinstalled them. Now it is running alot better and smoother. I still get a hesitation on take off and sometimes at idle so it has something to do with the regulator. I am going to have the filter cleaned to see if that is the issue since others have had that problem.

Comment

some of the gfi regulators have a allen screw in the front housing if you run it in it raises the pressure and just a little will raise the pressure a good bit you might try that use a pressure gauge so if it dont help you can put it back I would raise it about 10 pounds it is a free try
      Last edited by cowboy; 12-02-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        some of the gfi regulators have a allen screw in the front housing if you run it in it raises the pressure and just a little will raise the pressure a good bit you might try that use a pressure gauge so if it dont help you can put it back I would raise it about 10 pounds it is a free try
        Some of the GFI regulators had/have a second allen setscrew to protect and lock the actual inner adjusting screw. Be careful when adjusting pressure, there is not a lot of adjustment before you reach overpressure and can blowout injector rail o-rings. The regulators PRD will let loose over 200 psi and I have seen old regs on Dodges let out up to 500 psi when stuck and out of adjustment.

Also when adjusting pressure, cycle no/low inlet pressure to normal pressure to eliminate any bounces and get a stable set pressure.
        Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X