Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune up time--suggestions?

'99 Dodge Ram Van with the 5.2 CNG.

I'm probably going to do the Performance Distributors Firepower ignition kit and up the gap to ~.060 to try to eek a little more power out of it.

I guess my biggest question is on the plugs. Any suggestions?
    Are the exotic metal plugs worth it, or should I stick with copper?

Anything else worth mentioning?

TIA

Re: Tune up time--suggestions?

Make sure the plugs are designed for the gap you are going to use (.060" or whatever). The top of the center should be parallel with the ground electrode. It will take less voltage to jump the plug gap to a square edge that a round edge.

One of the best plugs for natural gas or other gaseous fuels are Berhu silver. (bay ru) (spelling is not my strong suit). Better conductivity and expecially great cooling keeping the center electrode cool reducing chances of pre-ignition.

Also remember voltage is not the only thing, it is power that ignites the mixture. Volts time Amps equal watts, read power.

Hopes this helps

Larrycng

Comment

I've seen you reccommend the Beru plugs before, any reccommendations on where to buy? They don't even have any applications close to mine listed on their website.

I also decided to change the O2 sensors. Any good, application specific ones out there without the dealer price tag?

Comment

Go with factory O2 sensors. Sometime you can get them, with the factory markings logos and numbers from the large chain stores. Berus, try on line and look around. That's the best I can do.

Larrycng

Comment

What about chaging the fuel/coalescent filter? Should I worry about it? Where is it located on these vans?

Also, if I want to seafoam the injectors, is there a way to do so other than finding the canister to the coalescent filter?

Comment

Working...
          X