Cost to convert delivery truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost to convert delivery truck

I am working on the economics of CNG truck conversion. Does anyone know the approximate cost to convert a typical delivery truck to an EPA certified CNG truck?
    Bob Baldwin
    2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
    2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Re: Cost to convert delivery truck

Depending on year , make , and model, Fuel capacity anywhere from 16,500 to 40,000 huge range I know but accurate.

Comment

If the GVWR is over 14,000 lbs the conversion qualifies for a $20,000 federal tax credit. From 8,500 to 14,000 GVWR it is $8,000.

What make/model are you after?

Comment

I don't know yet. I will try to get some details soon. I am starting to work out the economics of getting a fleet of delivery trucks converted and needed an idea. I will see if I can get some specifics.
        Bob Baldwin
        2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
        2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

In addition to the tax credits described above, the TX Land Office has grants for heavy-duty CNG vehicles in counties with poor air quality.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/incentives_laws.html
          [click on Texas then follow the top link, drilling down on the glo.state.tx.us area]

Comment

I have put some smaller gsa vehicles in my fleet and even added refrigeration,
            bi-fuel and dedicated. Low miles and huge savings

Comment

CNGPizza, so the CNG was used as fuel for refrigeration? If so, how does that compare to refrigeration for other fuel?
              Bob Baldwin
              2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
              2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

no, the reefer was run off the engine, which powered the compressor, cng powered the vehicle. Dedicated appears to be easier less crap in the way.
                although bi-fuel is nice in a place like chicago that has limited cng.

Comment

Working...
                X