Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal question on LPG from Kiev, Ukraine - 2008 Mitsu Galant - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal question on LPG from Kiev, Ukraine - 2008 Mitsu Galant - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi,

I'm Andrew, 27, from Kiev, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, new to the forum.

I can not find the clear answer for the following question.
    Is it possible to use safely and properly LPG equipment with 2008 Mitsubishi Galant car (2378 cc MIVEC petrol engine, 158 hp (in Ukrainian market), 4-spd Automatic)?

This car in not sold at the EU countries. It's built at Mitsubishi North America plant in Illinois and is sold ONLY at American (US), Russian and Ukrainian market.

My local Mitsubishi dealer says it is not recommended to convert the car, but the guys who sell LPG (including Prins, which is the most expensive and reliable, as they say), so these guys say, that Prins LPG Equipment is fully compatible with aforesaid vehicle.

So, the questions are:

Is Prins LPG equipment compatible with 4G69 Mitsubishi MIVEC engine?

Is there the practice of usage of Prins equipment with such vehicles in the United States?

Which type of equipment (Prins) shall I choose?

Does it work properly? What problems occur? Do you have a photo of successful installation?)))

)) Do you know where in Ukraine should I apply for the professional installation?

HELP ME PLEASE TO SOLVE THIS QUESTION PROFESSIONALLY. I simply do not want to spoil (destroy) a new car and/or be cheated by amateurs)))))

Thank you very much!!!!!

Re: Personal question on LPG from Kiev, Ukraine - 2008 Mitsu Galant - PLEASE HELP!!!!

LPG is not used much for cars in the US.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Re: Personal question on LPG from Kiev, Ukraine - 2008 Mitsu Galant - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello Andrew,

Here are two sources that may offer some guidence:

D.T. Gas Systems
      Wojciech Stawecke Mgr.
      Lubartowska, Poland
      +48 81 7443810

Motor Jikov
      Sdenek Prokopec Director
      Czech republic
      +420 389 016 208

In general LPG has an advantage over CNG in that it can be stored as a liquid, but delivered to the engine as a gas. Thus it has a greater energy density, viz. range.

There are different safety considerations, i.e., even as a gas LPG is heavier than air and will seek the lowest collection point in the event of a leak.

However, if you can find the proper equipment, more power to you.

Best regards,

afvman/Bill

Comment

Andrew,

здравствулте!

Try contacting this company. http://www.energtek.com/

They have partners in Ukraine. They are concerned with adsorbed natural gas but they may know something in your local market.

With LNG you would want to get the latest technology. I believe it is high pressure pumps which uses the coolness of the fuel to cool the air coming in the engine( more air is like a slight supercharging effect). If you use old technology then your engine uses all the heat in the winter to vaporize the fuel. Translation...your freeze you butt off in winter because the heater does not work. a competent installer is important.

also check out:

http://www.gotpropane.com/
        they make kits for off the road toys.

Poka

Comment

Working...
        X