• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes E 200 NGT

http://www.autospectator.com/cars/mo...benz-e-200-ngt
    or
    http://www.germancarfans.com/2050207.006

This Mercedes had been around since 2004 in Europe. If it was available here, I would buy one...my 2 Civic GX's are great as commuter cars for my wife and I , but when it comes to driving long distance, we use a Honda Pilot. I would prefer a Bi-fuel car like this E-series Mercedes for long distance driving so when CNG was available we would use it, and if not, we could just run on gasoline.
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-16-2008, 02:24 PM. Reason: extra pictures in second link
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Re: Mercedes E 200 NGT

Terrific car!! Bi-fuel, efficient small engine, that also has lots of power! Looks like Mercedes did all the right things, in particular starting with small 4 cyl engine, then adding supercharger. Only drawback that I saw in article was that cng tanks are at 200 bar . . . .which is 3,000 psi in USA lingo. Cng tank pressures really need GLOBAL standard of 3,600 psi for all new cng vehicles.

Yet, MOST IMPORTANT, when . . . yes WHEN, not "will" this terrific Mercedes be coming to USA??? I'd even tolerate a massive fleet paid for with taxpayer money for all Congressman, Senators, Governors, Mayors of cities over 50,000 population so that they would learn for themselves what wonderful vehicles these bi-fuel cng cars can be. Also, forcing them to learn the need for infrastructure of public cng refueling, and conversion of private cng pumps into public (ie Post Office, schools, FedEx, etc). Then I could get one at a GSA auction in 3 years!!!

Go CNG !! Cleanest fuel on the planet (except for solar and wind).

Comment

Also, forcing them to learn the need for infrastructure of public cng refueling, and conversion of private cng pumps into public (ie Post Office, schools, FedEx, etc). Then I could get one at a GSA auction in 3 years!!!

I work for Fed Ex. Where is there pump located CNGacrossamerica? I've never seen it around. I'm in the bay area.
      Thanks,
      Anthony

Comment

The international standard is 3000 psi. Only the US is 3600.

Comment

Another Mercedes-Benz bi-fuel

Just found this announcement for the B-Class B 170 NGT. Good to see them producing more of these CNG cars. Now if we could just get them in the US...
          http://www.greencarcongress.com/2008...trod.html#more

Comment

I wish I could find a list of all the cng vehicles available in the world that we can't buy. Hey, here is an idea. Get a bill passed that would allow the importation of cng vehicles to the US without them having to meet any standards. That would get the "big 6" off their butts.

Comment

Working...
            X