4 Ranger Elec trucks at auction today in Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Ranger Elec trucks at auction today in Los Angeles

The first one had 15k miles, thrashed interior , Dead Batteries and no charger , INOPERATIVE . Went for $7900 + 15% buyers fee+ tax, lic, and regis. fees. over $10k total, and needs batteries too$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I did not stick around to see how high the working ones went for.

No cng vehicles , and only one propane truck 5 ton stake.

Re: 4 Ranger Elec trucks at auction today in Los Angeles

Which auction was this?
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

www.Kenporterauctions.com in gardena. Mostly City & County vehicles. They have been around about 40 years.

I had not been to this auction in a long time. Back in 1978 , myself and fellow associates were asked to leave the yard and never return. (During the pre auction inspection , we drove a retired fire ladder truck around the yard!) LOL. The management was NOT amused at the time ! We just wanted to test it before bidding!
      Last edited by Lakewood90712; 05-04-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Sounds like fun. I've seen kenporter auctions advertised but have not attended one before.
        Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
        Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
        Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

Replacement Batteries for the ford ranger ev at lionev are... $14,000 for Lithium Ion batteries install extra.

You can buy a lot of cng with $14,000 lets see cng at $2.50 a gallon in California.... 14K equals 5600 gallons of cng * lets say the ford gets 20MPG on cng. Thats 112,000 miles to break even on the batteries.

You can buy a full size CNG F150 at GSA for $8000 and not break the bank on batteries. CNG fuel up at a fast fill station vs a couple of hours to charge an ev.

http://www.lionev.com/upgrade_to_Lithium.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
            www.Kenporterauctions.com in gardena. Mostly City & County vehicles. They have been around about 40 years.

I had not been to this auction in a long time. Back in 1978 , myself and fellow associates were asked to leave the yard and never return. (During the pre auction inspection , we drove a retired fire ladder truck around the yard!) LOL. The management was NOT amused at the time ! We just wanted to test it before bidding!
            LOL. I didn't get kicked out, but got a lot of heat once for getting in an old giant PG&E manlift truck, at an auction, that went about 80 ft. up and riding it to the top

Comment

Ford Ranger EV Sold for 14.6K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32

Comment

Working...
              X