No announcement yet.

Dual Fuel CNG/Diesel Truck Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=trdscfjc;n140382]Although I'm more of a pure cng fan I find the thought of a ram ecodiesel 3.0 V6 fascinating. Especially one with a 32 GGE (26x60 in.) tank in the bed, couple with the rams 32 gallon diesel tank and you would get an astounding range of about 1480 miles between fillups!

Now that the ram ecodiesel is past its 2 year mark making it eligible for easier conversions I'm waiting for someone to do it.

I am thinking about doing this on a new Ram Ecodiesel. I will be talking with an installer about this next week. I currently have a 2011 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi that as far as I can tell was the 1st converted 4th gen. Ram. Had to work out some bugs initially but it has been great. Now have 145k on this Ram and looking to do another one with the diesel.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rickinokc;n140565]
      Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
      Although I'm more of a pure cng fan I find the thought of a ram ecodiesel 3.0 V6 fascinating. Especially one with a 32 GGE (26x60 in.) tank in the bed, couple with the rams 32 gallon diesel tank and you would get an astounding range of about 1480 miles between fillups!

Now that the ram ecodiesel is past its 2 year mark making it eligible for easier conversions I'm waiting for someone to do it.

I am thinking about doing this on a new Ram Ecodiesel. I will be talking with an installer about this next week. I currently have a 2011 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi that as far as I can tell was the 1st converted 4th gen. Ram. Had to work out some bugs initially but it has been great. Now have 145k on this Ram and looking to do another one with the diesel.
      Anything come of your conversation Rick? I'm in the middle of a procurement process for a company vehicle and want to go bi-fuel. I love this idea.
      Talk to me! www.atlasrefuel.com & www.facebook.com/refuelenergypartners/

Comment

Those interested in a Dual-fuel CNG/Diesel conversion. I recently traded in a 2012 RAM 5.7 Hemi 1500/Bi-fuel CNG, for a new 2016 Ram Ecodiesel. Loved the trucks! Recently finished a TECNOCARB system install. Initial impression-good. Great quality & tech support from Technocarb. Gained HP and torque.....will see about the MPG.

Comment

• Moen
          Moen commented
          Editing a comment
          Sanddog - can you explain the TECNOCARB install? Is that a bi-fuel kit or something or simply some new programming? Interested to here your feedback

Michael Bates for NGTNews Feb 12, 2020 - SoCalGas, Western Milling Unveil First Natural Gas Trucks

SoCalGas and Western Milling, a manufacturer and supplier of nutrient solutions for plants, animals and people in the U.S., have unveiled the first of a planned 30 new ultra-low emissions trucks that will be deployed in Goshen, Calif.

The near-zero-emissions natural gas trucks will be fueled with RNG and are powered by a 12-liter Cummins Westport engine. In addition, Western Milling revealed plans to open a new public fueling station supplying RNG in the city of Goshen.

Western Milling’s investment in its new natural gas trucks was supported by the San Joaquin Air Pollution Control District’s Truck Replacement Program, an initiative to replace on-road diesel trucks with cleaner technology units or to expand fleets with the cleanest technology available.

SoCalGas has worked with fleet owners to secure millions of dollars in incentive funding for the replacement of diesel trucks with cleaner, new near-zero emissions natural gas trucks. Since 2014, the utility has helped truckers and trucking companies replace more than 550 diesel trucks with clean natural gas trucks.

https://ngtnews.com/socalgas-western...issions-trucks

Comment

Working...
        X