back speakers for GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back speakers for GX

Has anyone tried the pioneer ts-x200 surface mount speakers in their GX? (rear speakers).

I have been trying to figure out my stereo strategy and came across these on the web. I only found 1 review. Another concern i have is that the dimensions appear to be quite big and i do not want to have large "boxes" on my back dash.

Any feedback or other solutions would be great.

Ken
    2009 civic gx

Re: back speakers for GX

I put TS-X66s in our GXs. They fit great, but were discontinued a couple of years ago.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Here are the speakers I had put in the back.

Pioneer TS-A1673R

Specifications
      Watts MAX. Music Power 220 Watts
      Watts Nominal Power Handling 35 Watts
      Frequency Response 37Hz ~ 25kHz
      Sensitivity (1W/1m) 91dB
      Ohm Rating 4 ohm
      Mounting Depth 1-3/4" (44mm)

We removed the rear seat and then took the back deck out. Then we took out the metal plate under the back deck so we could cut holes into it for the speaker magnets to fit through. We were able to achieve a nice round hole this way. Then reinstalled the metal deck and speakers. We ended up with about 5 inches between the bottom of the speakers and the NG tank. Next we replaced the back deck with one ordered from Honda for a Civic EX. This gave us a stock Civic "looking" rear deck that comes with the speaker grills!!!!

I replaced the front speakers with a pair of component speakers that gave me the tweeters to put under the grills on the front dash. The slanted front windshield directs the tweeters sound just right. The new sound in the car is outstanding.

RECEIVER
      Pioneer AVIC-U310BT

In-Dash Navigation Receiver with CD Player and Built-in Bluetooth

* Fast, easy-to-use in-dash navigation at a great price
      * Talk hands-free with built-in Bluetooth wireless
      * Control your iPod & iPhone using USB Direct Control

see attached pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

How much was the back deck replacement from Honda?

Comment

Originally posted by tandclewis View Post
          RECEIVER
          Pioneer AVIC-U310BT

Same unit I put in my wife's 2008.... It is an awesome unit... my only gripe (and it could just be pilot error) is that I lose some functionality with the Bluetooth whenever I put in a SC card with custom POIs for the NAV system.
          2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
          Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
          Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
          Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

I bought the factory replacement rear deck for an LX/EX through my local audio shop for less than $125. They put in 6" coaxial Kenwood Excelon speakers in the rear and components in the front. Had to use low profile Pioneer tweeters in the dash for clearance but it sounds much improved over the stock two speaker set.
            Last edited by raskell; 10-21-2009, 06:58 AM.
            '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
            (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

How about some photos of the installations? I'd like to add speakers behind the seat, too.

Comment

Does the rear deck come with the speaker grills as well?

When looking on hondapartsdeals.com, it seems like each piece is separate (i.e., rear deck, left speaker cover, right speaker cover) but it's not clear.

And, which deck is correct? The one from an LX or an EX -- I just want to make sure I can reuse the third brake light from my car onto this car.

Thanks,
                -Eddie

Comment

Originally posted by lakerholic View Post
                  Does the rear deck come with the speaker grills as well?

When looking on hondapartsdeals.com, it seems like each piece is separate (i.e., rear deck, left speaker cover, right speaker cover) but it's not clear.

And, which deck is correct? The one from an LX or an EX -- I just want to make sure I can reuse the third brake light from my car onto this car.

Thanks,
                  -Eddie
                  I used the one from the EX and everything was included. My GX is in the shop (again), so I will post pics when it come home.

Comment

Thank you. Did your shop cut out the metal in the rear deck to make the speaker fit, or did you manage that yourself.

That's the only part that seems daunting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by lakerholic View Post
                      Thank you. Did your shop cut out the metal in the rear deck to make the speaker fit, or did you manage that yourself.

That's the only part that seems daunting to me.
                      The rear deck did require cut-outs at the audio shop. It was difficult. That rear dedk piece comes all of the way out of the car for access to the tank however. Just be sure to place your cut-outs precisely since clearance is tight for the magnets, depending of course on your speaker selection.

Comment

I need some help with the rear-speaker project. I have the back end of the car disassembled, and I can't find the speaker wires. I can see wires of the proper color at the connector on the driver's side rear wheel well behind the seat back, but I see no loose ends or where the wires may go. Does anyone have a photo or description showing where the wires are?

Comment

I went to a junk yard and along with the rear shelf, I bought the entire rear body harness for $40. That gave me the speaker wires and connectors which plugged right in to the harness at the door pillar . Like you, I could find no speaker wires wrapped up in the original harness.

Comment

How did the rear tray fit? I notice that the center child-seat loop sticks up higher than those on the LX and EX models. Did you cut holes in the metal shield?

Comment

Assuming you have a 2006 or newer GX:
                              See my posting on 10-25-09 for "Factory rear speaker wires".
                              You will find the wire color codes, rear connector info, etc.

cnguser
                              '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
                              '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
                              FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Working...
                              X