Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Think your tank solenoid valve is sticking. $$$$ the parts about $1000 and about 4 hours labor.

Comment

For a temporary fix, see post #4 here:
      http://www.cngchat.com/forum/forum/g...bad-tank-valve

Comment

SCChris

Hi, you had written on a post a long time ago about replacing a temp sensor to repair the blinking fuel gauge. Was that in the trunk or under the hood? If in the trunk were you able to replace it without dealing with pressure on the system?

Comment

Just created another post about having this very same problem. My car (2008 Civic GX) seemed to be "fixed" with the battery disconnect, wait 10 minutes, and reconnect but now I'm worried this may only be temporary. As someone else has already questioned the low temperature concern, the temperature was around 70 degrees F here today and the vehicles was fueled two days prior and used without problem multiple times after fill up. I'll see if I can observe any temperature sensor issues with the scan tool next time this occurs but this condition happened while my wife was driving and the outside temperature remained around 70 degrees F. Has anybody determined what the logic is for this condition (low fuel blinking light then dropping fuel gauge that leads to no start). Nothing more frustrating than a problem that appears fixed but may not since you never know when it will reappear. In my case I find it hard to believe the tank valve is stuck since the battery reset cleared it immediately whereas I did not hear any attempt to operate the tank valve until reset. Also, the temperature was around 70 degrees F the entire time and it occurred while running. I had a stuck tank valve years before (was replaced) and this did not behave the same. I thought the ECM may have got into a state that required reset but until I understand the logic here, I do not know exactly why this occurred. Based on this post, it could be anything from temperature sensors, fuel filters, pressure regulator, to tank valve. My vehicle has a newer tank valve, replaced filters less than 4k miles ago, and not diagnostic codes flagged. Any further insight from folks would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X