e3 spark plugs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e3 spark plugs question

My '01 GX was having issues with a stumble so I replaced the coil packs which were badly cracked, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

I just replaced the spark plugs with the E3's tonight and the problem has gone away so far, but I haven't driven it much. I'm concerned about the plugs though. Checker Auto (now O'reilly) recommended the E3 for the GX so I went with it, but the gap is non-adjustable at 1.016 mm. Also, the head of the spark plug is quite a bit bigger on the E3's. Will this cause any issues?

Re: e3 spark plugs question

Most of the talk around here is stick with the stock plugs or use iridiums. In my opinion you can totally try whatever you want but YMMV. The mixture of CNG and air is more difficult to ignite and for that reason Honda spec'ed a different plug gap and also spec'ed a double platinum plug. Go ahead and run the E3's though if they are working and see how they work out. If you start getting a misfire soon then you may want to think of going back to the stock plug. Partsgeek.com had a good deal on them that I posted about a while back....

Comment

Re: e3 spark plugs question

Thanks. They were running great for a bit, but the misfire seems to be coming back. I'll check out partsgeek.com to see if that deal is still running.

Comment

Working...
      X