Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracked Engine Block

Hey CNG Honda Civic,

I want to pass along some words of caution about 2006/2007 honda Civic GXs. I have a 2007 with about 40k miles. My car overheated on the I105 in LA one week. I thought it would have been something small like a bad thermosat. Upon getting my car towed to the dealership. i found out there is honda a repair bulletin for a faulty part related to this problem. The service bulletin is 08-044. I have included the bulletin. I was informed by the dealership that the faulty part would be replaced. The faulty part is the ENGINE. I am lucky my car is still under the 5yr/60K powertrain warranty. My warranty is saving me about 6000 dollars in repairs. I have contacted Honda America about their classification of this repair. Optimistically, I will get my car back in another week, hopefully. Honda America considers my repair typical and does not pay for incidental costs related to having normal repair completed. So I am going to be out $700+ dollar for renting a crappy chevy cobalt.

buy the ford crown vic natural gas.

Jason Flathom
    unhappy honda owner
    Attached Files

Re: Cracked Engine Block

Originally posted by jason_irvine View Post
    I was informed by the dealership that the faulty part would be replaced. The faulty part is the ENGINE.
    lol. That is too funny. Sorry about your trouble though ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Did they notice that the SB says EXCEPT GX?
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
        Did they notice that the SB says EXCEPT GX?
        doh!

Maybe they are working it via the goodwill clause mentioned at the bottom ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Because the GX uses a different short block then the standard car, the part number in the bulletin for the short block would give you a low compression engine with the wrong connecting rods (just for starters). I know the GX block has the same issues as the standard car but the SB is handled in a different manner--somewhat like the hybrid and SI.

Comment

Well I got the car back from the dealership today. I was driving on the freeway and the check engine light came and I could not accelerate. I pulled over and turn the car and turn it on again. The car started to work properly. I have to do this with my computer, but a car? Any ideas

Comment

Having similar issues, but just found out I have a cracked head, not the block, so it is not covered by extended warranty. Can't help but wonder if it is somehow related. What shop did you go to for repair jason_irvine?

Comment

Uh , the last post on this thread was 5 1/2 years ago. FWIW , the porous blocks usually failed near a web ,with leaks to the exterior front (side)of the block, no where close to the head/block deck

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess I should consider myself lucky. No cracked block at 187,000 miles. I just started searching forums to see if anyone else had issues. I realized it was an old post, just curious what shop jason_Irvine took his car to. I may have to try a different mechanic. I've had a few wrong diagnosis over the years. Have had to go back to dealer to recheck and fix problem after expensive guessing game. If jason_Irvine is actually in Irvine, he may be near me.

Comment

Working...
                  X