Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing O2 Sensor, recommend brand beside Honda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing O2 Sensor, recommend brand beside Honda.

So my check engine light came on yesterday and I went to my friends house and they scanned the ECM and it said primary o2 sensor has low voltage. I'm going to replace it, but I don't want to pay Honda price. Has anybody used Denso or Bosch Oxygen sensors? Any problems with them? Please let me know. I'm probably going to buy one in a couple of days.

Thanks for your input,
    Anthony

Re: Replacing O2 Sensor, recommend brand beside Honda.

I used one from Autozone (think it was a Denso) for 40k miles, until the secondary catalytic converter plugged up. Can't say if that was the cause or not, but after spending $700+ to replace the cat, an extra $100 for the Honda 02 sensor seemed like a wise investment.

Also, the aftermarket sensor didn't have the same shielding and the wires were longer, so I was always concerned that the wires were going to get fried on the manifold.

Comment

We had O2 sensors in the industry for 30 years. From what I have learned through experience and the consensus in the aftermarket repair segment, use the factory O2 sensors!

There are differences in construction, number of holes in the housig, shape of holes, flow director on the holes, that can affect the operation of the sensor. Switching rate is important on the old zirconia sensors. Wide band, laf sensors, UEGO's, etc are a different story, but the recommendations still apply.

I have bought O2 sensors from NAPA with the same manufacturer numbers on the sensor and on the box as the ones I have bought from Ford dealer, --for $20 to $30 less.

Bottom line, do your shopping, but when in doubt go for OEM.

Wire length won't affect the operation of the sensor, but can cause problems with hook up. Don't splice wires.

Larrycng

Comment

I ended up buying on OE fit Bosch at Pep Boys for $80, better than the $200 that Honda wanted online. Not to mention add tax, shipping, and handling, and your looking at $250. It was a exact fit. No splicing BS. Same length. Cleared out my computer and is running fine as of today. I'm pretty sure it's fixed because if the ECM was receiving low voltage from the O2 sensor the check engine light would of come on right away again, even after I cleared it. Lets hope anyway. I'll keep you posted if the check engine light comes on again.
        If you want the part number, let me know.
        Anthony

Comment

I have used Bosch before and have had to replace them again shortly. I have used the Denso ones and rarely had problems, but as LarryCNG says do your shopping and find out who the OE manufacturer was. Then buy either the factory or a/m one of the same make.

Comment

Working...
          X