Fuel gauge stopped working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge stopped working...

ALright before i start digging into this myself im hoping someone can guide me into the right direction or maybe had this problem in the past. Car is a 02 gx. My dad called me the other day and told me his gas gauge while driving it instantly went from full to empty and the gas light came on. He drove it home 10miles so i know it didnt just loose pressure somewhere. His gauge just decided to stop working. So now it always reads empty and the gas light is on. Anyone had this problem before??

Re: Fuel gauge stopped working...

I had this happen when I first got my 02. At first the dealer just updated the software. But the problem came back a week or two later. Then they changed the 'fuel sender' module which was something like $1800, but covered under the special California warranty. So if you're in CA and under 150k miles you should be taken care of at the dealer at no charge.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

hmm.. Well that would suck. The car has over 200k on it lol. So i wonder how much just the repogram would be to start with??

Comment

I hope this helps. I have an 07 GX and that same thing happened to me. I started the car and all was fine but as i took off, the fuel gauge just started ticking down to empty and the low fuel light stayed on. I took it into the dealer and they basically said they had to re-boot the system. They unpluged the battery for a few minutes, then all was okay. Well, a few months later the same thing happened, so I undid the battery for a couple of minutes, and everything was back to normal. I hope this works for you.

Ralph

Comment

awesome. I will try the battery trick first and let you guys know if it fixed anything..

Comment

I think I read somewhere if you have the landyard removed, you can push the start button to activate the gauges for a 20 second (+/-) interval...sound correct?....I think that was how I activated the gauge to check it.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X