Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up a 2003 GX with 8500 miles!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a 2003 GX with 8500 miles!!

Yup, that is correct, 8500 miles, thats 8,500!!! But it has that low rpm stumble I was reading about in another post. I guess I'll have the ignition coils checked, but my real question is what is the warranty on this?? Mileage wise it would be under warranty I assume, but is there a number of years limit? Are there different warranties for different parts? I really wanted 04 or newer, but ran across this, is it a good GX? Was there a tranny issue in this year? Thanks for the info!!

I also picked up 2 Toyotas with 50K miles, and that seems like a stronger engine and they are nice too, but even though this is the old body style Civic, it still looks better than the 2000 toyotas.
    Last edited by Yroc; 12-31-2009, 09:34 PM.
    2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
    2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
    2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Re: Just picked up a 2003 GX with 8500 miles!!

Where are you located? The emissions warranty varies depending on what state you live in. Your warranty book, assuming you have one, will give you the etails for your state. If you're in Calif, it's 15 yrs/150k mi. Everywhere else it will be less, but longer than the manufacturers 3/36 on most covered items. The last 2 pages of the warranty manual gives the emissions warranty info.

Comment

Also, a special 7/100 warranty on some transmission problems...
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

I'm in Utah, but it just came from CA. I will look for the manual.
        2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
        2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
        2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Comment

The earlier CVT's had some upgrades available as dealer installed service kits, '03 may already have them . Any Honda dealer can check .

Also check if the safety recall on the fuel tank heat shield and turn signal/heatlight switch have been done.

Other than that , the Honda CVT fluid was developed about '03. It should be used in all years of cvt. It's about $8 /qt.
          Last edited by Lakewood90712; 01-01-2010, 03:51 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Seems like a rare deal. Lucky man.

Comment

Working...
            X