noise from front right wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise from front right wheel

Hey gang, I get a loud clunk/pop sound from the front right wheel. Its intermittent and happens only when the wheel is turned slightly to the right when I hit a small bump in the road or enter a driveway. Does this sound like the CV joint? I never hear it driving straight or turned to the left. Its on my 2002 GX.

TIA!

Re: noise from front right wheel

CV Joints, no doubt. Easy and inexpensive to fix. You didn't mention how many miles were on the car but I would suggest that you replace both at the same time.

Good luck,

Eric

Comment

(Modorator Note, moving this to the GX forum.)

Comment

There are a couple things that this could be. If it is a clicking while turning it is a CV joint. Could also be front struts or a compliance arm bushing. It is hard to tell without more information. How many miles on the vehicle when does it happen exaclty. It might be something that needs a visual inspection.

Comment

I comlained to one of my car savy employees that one of the GX's was making a poping noise when in reverse or drive at a "crawling" speed. He stood by the car as I went back and forth and he identified it as one of the wheel covers. Sure enough, with the cover off the poping stopped. Re-installing the cover stopped the noise. Sound crazy, but it is true.

Comment

My money is on the front strut.

Comment

Car has 42K miles. I hear it on the freeway or barely moving with the wheel turned slightly or all the way to the right. It'll make one pop/clunk only. I'll take the wheel off and see if I can spot anything.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X