Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trip to Honda for a B1 service.

Hi guys,

So I had a great time at the Honda dealership. Before bringing the car in i asked the manager if they have qualified technicians to work on a GX.. Naturally they said yes.. LOL

So The B1 calls for drain of High pressure and replace of the Low pressure..
    I brought them the low pressure filter ( 16905-RNE-A00 ) I got from Bernardi and they ended up replacing both Low and High . They told me that the low pressure was part 16905-SIG-0030.
    Regardless, I have 2 new filters in the car and they discounted me a ton for any confusion.. Maybe they just didn't know what they were doing.

Here is my question to you all..

The large filter (16905-RNE-A00) is the Low or High pressure fuel filter??
    Thanks,
    Luigi
    Last edited by lcovelli; 10-10-2009, 07:17 PM.
    Silver 09 GX
    Phill G:1.5

Re: My trip to Honda for a B1 service.

Same thing happened at my dealership - both filters were replaced, when only the low pressure one is called for as I had requested, etc.

Their explanation: the "official" Honda parts descriptions do not tell which filter is which (high vs. low), so just simply replace both. What great logic. Don't waste time looking at the facotory shop manual diagrams that shows which is which.
    Seems like afer 3+ model years of the same GX that American Honda could take the time to get this correctly defined for THEIR service technicians!

What a racket on selling parts...
    '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
    '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
    FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

High pressure filter is near the tank; low pressure is near the engine. 16905-RNE-A00 is the low pressure filter.

Comment

Originally posted by cnguser View Post
        Same thing happened at my dealership - both filters were replaced, when only the low pressure one is called for as I had requested, etc.

Their explanation: the "official" Honda parts descriptions do not tell which filter is which (high vs. low), so just simply replace both. What great logic. Don't waste time looking at the facotory shop manual diagrams that shows which is which.
        Seems like afer 3+ model years of the same GX that American Honda could take the time to get this correctly defined for THEIR service technicians!

What a racket on selling parts...
        The only one that you are able to drain and inspect (as per the service manual at 10k) is the high pressure filter in back near the tank. A common mistake for non-cng dealers is to quote the whole high pressure filter assembly at (IIRC) about $600.......

Comment

Originally posted by Larryect View Post
          The only one that you are able to drain and inspect (as per the service manual at 10k) is the high pressure filter in back near the tank. A common mistake for non-cng dealers is to quote the whole high pressure filter assembly at (IIRC) about $600.......
          I just had my B1 service a few weeks ago and paid the $600. Did I overpay for service that wasn't required?

Comment

I paid $197 for my b1 service about a month ago. Sounds like you paid for more than you should have.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny 99 View Post
              I just had my B1 service a few weeks ago and paid the $600. Did I overpay for service that wasn't required?
              Looks like you did. When At the Gilroy Honda, they told me that there were 2 versions of the B service. We all know this as B1 and B2. It does not specify which one is which but the prices were different, 399 and 599. So because they were new at the whole game, they gave me the 599 version by replacing both but charged me 399 for a B1 - minus 84.10 for the Low pressure filter I got at Bernardiparts.com. 20 bucks off for first time customer and 20% off total service because they really had no idea what they needed to do and I was basically schooling them for what they did wrong...
              Regardless, My next service will be with a Honda CNG dealer (Stevens Creek Honda) or the Honda Acura connection, Mr Bundo is happy to be using.

Luigi
              Silver 09 GX

Comment

Judging from these dealer prices, my AlldataDIY subscription is looking better all the time...

Comment

Could the 2 versions be cng vrs non cng? That would explain the difference in price. as far as I know, those are the only types of service schedule for a Civic. I've seen people go to non cng certified shops/dealers and get the non cng service because they were clueless. And if the owner of the vehicle is clueless, or doesn't pay attention, you may not be getting the required maintenance. A honda dealer that doesn't sell the GX, or is at least certified to do so, should touch your car. Clueless can equal dangerous around cng high pressure lines.

Comment

I called 5 or 6 GX dealers for my B1 service. Most said that no fuel filter service was required at 10K miles, it could wait until the 30K service. Have I been mis-informed?

Comment

Originally posted by oc_chuckster View Post
                      I called 5 or 6 GX dealers for my B1 service. Most said that no fuel filter service was required at 10K miles, it could wait until the 30K service. Have I been mis-informed?
                      You must tell them to change the low pressure filter for B1 and drain the High pressure as your maintenance minder suggests. Accept no less, your are responsible for maintaining the warranty on your vehicle, don't expect nor trust Honda to do it for you.. Unfortunate but true.
                      Silver 09 GX

Comment

I took my GX in to Stevens Creek Honda for a B1 Service at 8400 Miles.

$482.95 later....... I wonder if I got ripped off.

They charge 149.00 for the B Service, they matched south bay honda at $99 for it.

The charged me 90.50 to Drain the high pressure filter ($84 Labor, 6.40 Parts).

To replace the low pressure filter they charged a whopping 282.96 ($204 Labor, $78.96 for the filter 16905-RNE-A00).

So did I get ripped off ? Is there another location in the south bay where we can get better pricing on service?

I called southbay honda in Milpitas (They quoted $200 less than Stevens creek honda).

Will get my second vehicle serviced somewhere other than Stevens Creek.

Comment

For my first B1 service, the dealer did an oil change, high pressure filter drain (which is about a 2 minute job, and the cost of an o-ring), low pressue filter change, and tire rotation. The total cost was around $230. In my opinion, your dealer is charging way too much for the B1 service.
                          For my second B1 service, I did it myself for around $100.

Comment

Working...
                          X