Hissing and pinging from GX fuel fill stem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hissing and pinging from GX fuel fill stem

Have a 2008 GX with about 28,000 miles. This morning after a partial fill at a CE pump I heard hissing and pinging from the fuel fill stem on the car. It lasted about 45 seconds and then stopped. Anybody had this experience? Could the fill valve be failing?

Re: Hissing and pinging from GX fuel fill stem

There may have been some contamination, maybe water or oil from the dispenser. If you didn't smell gas I wouldn't worry about it, it seems to have closed itself off. You might have Honda check it but I wouldn't consider it an emergency.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
      There may have been some contamination, maybe water or oil from the dispenser. If you didn't smell gas I wouldn't worry about it, it seems to have closed itself off. You might have Honda check it but I wouldn't consider it an emergency.
      Thanks for the input. I did not smell anything at the time. I will watch it for the next few days.

Comment

I had mine replaced earlier this year. I did not have hissing and pinging, but it was leaking enough to cause the rubber dust cap to be pushed off from the pressure and had a significant smell of gas. It was covered under warranty.

Comment

Took my car to the Honda dealer which is CNG certified and told them about the hissing ang pinging after a fill and they have had it for 2 days now. They said they called their Honda Tech service and they know nothing about the CNG vehicles. How is that possible? Asked me to bring it back in a few weeks when the Honda Rep is there for him to tell them what to do.

Comment

Working...
          X