No announcement yet.

Options for sale of a used 99 Honda GX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for sale of a used 99 Honda GX?

I am looking at getting a new GX and the dealer I visited a while ago said, without looking at it, that he could only give me about $1000 for my 99 GX with 132k miles. If I were to try to sell it myself, could I do much better and where would you suggest I post such a sale?
    Last edited by ewrenn; 03-15-2010, 10:01 PM.

Re: Options for sale of a used 99 Honda GX?

Craigslist is probably a good bet once you decide what you want for the car. Some one in this group may be interested.

Ron

Comment

So do you think it's worth holding out and selling it privately? Kelley Blue Book retail lists a private party value of $3440 for a 99 Civic DX in fair condition. It didn't have a GX listing.

Comment

Put it on www.ksl.com and on craigslist in Salt Lake City. I would try for $2000 with the needed repairs clearly stated in the ad. A running 99 GX with under 100K milesthat will pass smog will sell for about $3500 at the wholesale auctions.

I think Utah still has a tax credit for used cng vehicles, unless the Utah credit has been taken on that particular car.. Even with shipping costs (about $300) a new injector (180-600 depending on where it is bought) and about $900 installed for the catalist. The catalist is an oem item.

If you are inclined, you could part it out , tank $1000-$2000 , High pressure regulator $? (they are over $1200 new and this item is in demand) , normal prices for the rest of the parts. One member on the forum need a tank now.
        If you part it. the tank MUST stay in the mounting bracket during removal, and re,install.

P.S. Are you in Lakewood CA. , TX. , CO. or NJ.
        Last edited by Lakewood90712; 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM. Reason: Added P.S

Comment

I sent you a PM.
          www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Working...
          X