Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update: '07 With The Rough Idle

Originally posted by c2sox View Post
    Bump...any update on the service visit guys, my 07 is havin the shakes more frequently than usual.
    My stumble/shaking issue was solved by changing the plugs.

Comment

I had a rough idle with my 08 civic gx, 75K miles. They cleaned the throttle body which solved the problem. $70 out the door.

Comment

I started this thread way back in '09.

My GX now has about 103k miles on it and it still has a rough idle, even after it's most recent fuel filter and sparkplug change, and setting the valves.

This must just be one of the bad ones.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Green GX View Post
          sparkplug change
          Did you change to the cheap plugs or with another set of iridium plugs?

Comment

NGK IFR7F8DS Iridium plugs.

Bill

Comment

Try replacing those iridium plugs the with the Autolite 5224 plugs @ $1.99 each (O'Reilly Auto Parts), gap them to .044. This fixed my rough idle. At first I thought how can cheaper plugs be better, but for $8 it was worth giving it a try and it worked.

Comment

Heh - never mind, I see a lot of other people already responded

I think it was in one of the other posts where platinum or expensive spark plugs cause the symptoms you are describing. You need to use the cheap copper ones. It may be worth looking into. Spark plugs are cheap.

Comment

Yes the Autolites work. I do not know how long they last but it is cheap at only $3 per pair at Walmart!

Comment

I'm going to get a new TB and I'll report back.
                    A friend convinced me to see a dealer... they charged me 2 hours labor to "reprogram the throttle body" It is working again.

Darksatrchuck, I have the same code after recently having my vehicle serviced. I bought a new MAP sensor to no available and my mechanic determined there is not a vacuum leak anywhere. My car has close to 188K and at my wits end and thinking of changing the throttle body. Do you know why it would take 2 hours to reprogram the TB or the procedures? Thanks.

Comment

Try replacing those iridium plugs the with the Autolite 5224 plugs @ $1.99 each (O'Reilly Auto Parts), gap them to .044. This fixed my rough idle. At first I thought how can cheaper plugs be better, but for $8 it was worth giving it a try and it worked.
                      I will give that a try. Worse case I can swap back if they run more rough.

Bill

Comment

I ave a 2014 Honda Natural gas, and had my first idle shudder at 12,000 miles. So they have NOT yet addressed the issue yet, just saying.

Comment

Honda is notorious for idle shudder. One thing to help this situation is to clean the throttle body/idle air control every 10k miles. It may not cure the problem, but will help for sure.
                          Lancer Automotive Group
                          3687 South 300 West
                          Salt Lake City UT 84115

801-268-8863

http://lancerautogroup.com

Visit our Facebook pages
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance...68469439838785

https://www.facebook.com/alternativefuelcenter?ref=hl

Comment

Are you referring to the copper core autolite plugs or the platinum?

Comment

bump... wondering the same. Autolite makes XP (iridium), Platinum, double platinum and the old copper.

Comment

I only get it (idle stumble on 2010 GX) in warm weather. 85+F
                                Sold GX

Comment

Working...
                                X