Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Regulator

Has anyone else seen this yet: Ebay Regulator

It seems like mine says 3600 psi in and 57 psi out. I do not need a regulator right now, but it seems like this could be a good option for those who do....if it is legit.

Would this work? Would it pass safety? Is it really supposed to be 125psi out?

-Daniel

Re: Ebay Regulator

That is the guy in Silver Lake, WI. He seems to have more than one ID. He is also selling the "NEW" Phills with hours on them and one with parts missing. Be EXTRA careful.

A regulator for 125psi or a regulator for 57psi. Hmmm... Maybe one of the mechanics here can elaborate on the differences better than me.

Comment

The regulator looks like a tescom piston regulator. They are and industrial regulator used for cng and H2. The ones I've seen are water cooled and adjustable -- if you know how and make the special tool. If I have a picture of a cut-a-way, I'll post it tomorrow

Larrycng

Comment

Yep, that's a Tescom regulator. It's kinda pricey though.

You can buy an ITT Conoflow HPNGV2 series regulator, factory direct, for about half of that price and have it configured exactly to your needs.

http://conoflow.com/pdf/products/hpngv2.pdf

Comment

From what I've seen, I would go with the conoflow.

Larrycng

Comment

Does anyone know if the Conoflow regulator will work on a 2003 Civic GX? Any details will be appreciated - I need one but hate to pay the price Honda wants.

Comment

I would question the applicationn. The conoflow regulator does not have the manifold vacuum connector on the atmospheric side of the diaphram. The output pressure of the regulator will not vari with engine load as does the stock Honda unit

Larrycng

Comment

Since it's questionable as to whether a Conoflow regulator can be configured to work properly on a Honda Civic GX, is there anyone on this site who has actually been able to configure one for thier GX instead of using the Honda one

I think most GX owners wouldn't mind saving that extra money if there was an alternative.

Samgx
                '98 Civic GX

Comment

I agree. Does anyone have any experience using an aftermarket regulator on the civic gx?

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
                    I would question the applicationn. The conoflow regulator does not have the manifold vacuum connector on the atmospheric side of the diaphram. The output pressure of the regulator will not vari with engine load as does the stock Honda unit

Larrycng
                    That is not entirely correct.

The Conoflow HPNGV2 and HPNGV3 series regulators do offer a bonnet bias port which is validated for vacuum or pressure (to 40 psi). The output pressure will change proportionately (1:1) with the pressure or vacuum in the bonnet connection. These regulators may be a little on the large side to squeeze into a Honda, but functionally they should work.

The Conoflow LDNGV series is going to be released for sale very soon (within months), and that will be an easier job to package. The LDNGV will also have an option for intake manifold vacuum (or pressure) bias.
                    Last edited by Surfdancer; 09-18-2009, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks SurfDancer! Good to know that if/when the day comes I need to think about replacing my HPR I have some options!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfdancer View Post
                        That is not entirely correct.

The Conoflow HPNGV2 and HPNGV3 series regulators do offer a bonnet bias port which is validated for vacuum or pressure (to 40 psi). The output pressure will change proportionately (1:1) with the pressure or vacuum in the bonnet connection. These regulators may be a little on the large side to squeeze into a Honda, but functionally they should work.

The Conoflow LDNGV series is going to be released for sale very soon (within months), and that will be an easier job to package. The LDNGV will also have an option for intake manifold vacuum (or pressure) bias.
                        Thanks for the correction. Haven't been to the Conoflow for while - glad to see the option.

Larrycng

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but has anyone confirmed that the Conoflow LDNGV will work on a Civic GX? I'm getting my '99 GX in 2 weeks. It has 75K miles on it, and I suppose it could be due for a new regulator shortly. I'm just trying to be proactive in case this becomes a problem soon.

Thanks- Phil

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
                            Thanks for the correction. Haven't been to the Conoflow for while - glad to see the option.

Larrycng
                            The LDNGV regulator has passed all agency certification and is in production. PM me if you need specific technical data. I cannot comment whether or not the regulator will work on a specific platform, but I can provide performance data such as flow curves, etc for a specific setting.

Comment

I've been in touch with Conoflow, and it seems pretty clear the LDNGV product would work fine from a specification standpoint, but the question for me is, has anyone here actually been able to fit the unit to a Civic GX? It looks like custom porting would need to be fabricated in order to install the LDNGV.

Comment

Working...
                              X