Utah to Become Third Retail Market for Honda's Natural Gas-Powered Civic GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah to Become Third Retail Market for Honda's Natural Gas-Powered Civic GX

Last week, American Honda announced that dealers in Utah now have the option of selling the natural gas-powered Honda Civic GX to customers on a retail basis. This decision was effective on Thursday, July 30. There are eight dealers in Utah, two of which are already selling the Civic GX as a fleet vehicle.

Re: Utah to Become Third Retail Market for Honda's Natural Gas-Powered Civic GX

Here's the press release:

http://automobiles.honda.com/news/pr...l&Article=5111

Comment

This looks like old news to me, as most of us here know...

Honda has been selling to "fleets of one" (retail) through their authorized GX dealers for a few years now, such as in Oregon, Washington, Utah & others.
      For some reason Honda wants John Q. Public to think the GX is only available to him/her in Calif, New York and now Utah according to their web site... regardless of whether or not local public fueling can be found in those areas.
      '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
      '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
      FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Just for informations sake, and as I understand it, the fleets of one are small business owners, or 1099 self employed individuals only, therefore and legitimately a fleet of one. Honda does (or has) audited these sales to prevent the abuse of the fleet program. Non-Retail states are not permitted to sell to the general public. That's the official line...

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
          ... the fleets of one are small business owners, or 1099 self employed individuals only, therefore and legitimately a fleet of one....
          or employees of companies (large enough?) where the employee has access to fleet sales...
          For my first "fleet of one" purchase, I bought a 1983 Ford Tbird turbo coupe... many years and fleets of one later, I bought a 2000 GX (not in CA or NY).
          2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
          Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
          Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
          Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

I had no trouble purchasing my GX in Washington state, as an non fleet buyer. I just went in and talked to the fleet manager and made the buy. Our fueling is thin but ok for the geographic area I travel. The car is great. I have only run out of gas once in the snow but AAA+ was there to bail me out.
            I think Honda is missing the boat by trying to hide the car.

Linda 09 GX

Comment

Originally posted by cnguser View Post
              This looks like old news to me, as most of us here know...

Honda has been selling to "fleets of one" (retail) through their authorized GX dealers for a few years now, such as in Oregon, Washington, Utah & others.
              For some reason Honda wants John Q. Public to think the GX is only available to him/her in Calif, New York and now Utah according to their web site... regardless of whether or not local public fueling can be found in those areas.
              I didn't know. Thanks, OP, for the news, and thanks, cnguser, for the additional info.

Comment

Working...
              X