1999 Civic GX ULEV SULEV or ATPZEV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Civic GX ULEV SULEV or ATPZEV?

I'm in California and I purchased a 99 GX from out of state. I'm filling out the California HOV sticker application. Is the 99 Civic GX a ULEV, SULEV or ATPZEV? I've searched, but I found conflicting info. Do all GX model years have the same designation? If not, why?

Re: 1999 Civic GX ULEV SULEV or ATPZEV?

It's a ULEV. Be sure your registration has N in the "motive power" box.

I highly advise you to check "DMV Strikes again "thread http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1891 and send a P.M. to member CaptJeff.

98-00 are ULEV , 01-05 SULEV, 06-09 SULEV and AT/PZEV. others on the board know more about the different designations.

Goodluck with your new "used" GX
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 06-22-2009, 11:31 PM. Reason: Spelling , added link

Comment

Ok cool, thanks.

Comment

I thought my MY 99 GX was listed as a SULEV but was mistaken, here is the link to the list:
        http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm
        Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 06-23-2009, 01:15 AM.
        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Just looked at my registration and there's a G under MP! Anyway, posted the details in the DMV strikes again thread. http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...?t=1891&page=7

Thanks for the link. I can't imagine the emissions are that much different between the model years. I'm guessing it's just the CARB standards changing. Maybe the ATPZEV designation didn't exist in 1999, but if a 99 GX was tested by CARB today they would call it an ATPZEV.

2001 to 2009 = ATPZEV
          2000 = LEV II ULEV
          1998, 1999 = ULEV

Comment

you will have to get the G changed to an N to get the white stickers. I recommend Capt. Jeff as well. I had the same issue when the dealer mistakenly put G on my 2009 paper work as the motive power. Best of luck. It may take a few extra weeks.

Comment

If the paperwork has gone to the DMV you'll have to take the car down to your local DMV and have a Vin verification done to get the MP changed and get your car pool stickers.

ULEV= Ultra Low Emissions, SULEV= Super Ultra Low Emissions, AT-PZEV= Advanced Technology Partial Zero... in that order of emissions cleanliness.

All are Partial Zero Eemission designations, except ULEV. In 2006, when the newest generation of GX came out, the designation went from SULEV to AT-PZEV. I'm Not entirely sure of the differences. Most likely a difference in the emissions levels. AT-PZEV is as clean as you can get these days without going to ZEV, like electrics or fuel cell.

Comment

Working...
              X