2009 aftermarket spring/strut combo ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 aftermarket spring/strut combo ?

Does anyone here have after market suspension systems in their gx?

I'm thinking of getting one because my car bottoms out when there's 5 people in the car

I'm around 200lbs, bro = 200lbs and we sit in the front. My gf, mom, sis are around 120lbs on the back. Whenever I hit a little hump on the freeway I hear the suspension bottom out so I have to be careful when driving.

The stock suspension just sucks

2009 aftermarket spring/strut combo ?

My car bottomed out the first time on some large speed bumps with 3 in the car, about 480 pounds. It looks like you had about 760 pounds which is under the 850 pounds MAX recommended by Honda.
    Replacing coil springs would give you a worse ride when driving solo. I would check out shops in your area, find one that works on "tuner cars" and they could give you some better info and prices. Check out some Honda forums online too.
    Here is a thread where SI sway bars were put on a GX, that may help also:
    http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...highlight=sway
    Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 06-15-2009, 07:59 PM.
    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Re: 2009 aftermarket spring/strut combo ?

I recently drove solo down to the beach for the 4th and to my amazement, my Coleman "Extreme" cooler fits in the trunk of my GX. My 10' X 10' canopy fits on the floorboard in the back. All this extra weight on the rear of the car really affected the ride and handling. The ride home was acceptable due to the much lighter weight of the cooler. BTW I got 40 mpg on the 175 mile round trip.
      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I bought the Honda factory performance kit on eBay for $300 plus shipping. Complete kit engineered by Honda! Buy the si 2dr kit. Same weight as our cars. Mine is a 2007...

Comment

Just got an '03 GX, with 70k on it, shocks shot, put Bilsteins on her, made a world of difference. I do medical courier work, 200-250 mi. a day, so am real pleased with lifetime warranty on the Bilsteins, had tried KYB's on another car but they only lasted 100k.

Comment

Working...
          X