question about registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about registration

I have a 2008 GX and I thought in California registration was real low because it is a green car.

My registration fees went up compared to when i purchased the vehicle.

It is over $300 to register a Civic.

Thought there was a cut???

Anyone?

Thank you

Re: question about registration

There was a cut in fees a few years ago. It's back up now, so registration will be up from last year on most every car. It normally goes down a little every year with the value of the car.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

throw the rascals out and reclaim your state and you hard earned cash

Comment

As far as I know California doesn't give any discounts on registration fees for any green cars. They go by purchase price.

Bill

Comment

"they go by purchase price" the first year and then that goes down each year.

So, when you think about it, 'Green Cars' actually get charged more because the purchase price doesn't include state or federal rebates. A $30k car with $6k in rebates pays more vehicle tax than a $24k car.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Grey Davis was recalled for raising the "Car Tax." Gov. Arnold won on the "Colifornians are taxed ENOUGH" campaign.

Since Arnold. I think spending has gone up something like 40% - and here we are with the raised "Car Tax" along with a raised sales tax.

Time to recall Arnold.........

Comment

Originally posted by Green GX View Post
              As far as I know California doesn't give any discounts on registration fees for any green cars. They go by purchase price.

Bill
              California discounts 2% of the incremental cost from the lic fee's. Nothing on tax.

Comment

I don't blame Ahnold. He tried to get the spending under control a few years ago with his first special election, and the unions completely shut him down. THAT is where most of California's budget problems stem from. He is now stuck in the situation where he is responsible to run the state with obligations that simply cannot be met, and his hands really are tied.
                1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
                2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Originally posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
                  I don't blame Ahnold. He tried to get the spending under control a few years ago with his first special election, and the unions completely shut him down. THAT is where most of California's budget problems stem from. He is now stuck in the situation where he is responsible to run the state with obligations that simply cannot be met, and his hands really are tied.
                  I do blame him because he didn't hold the line. He just wants to be liked so when things don't go his way and a few complain he folds. No balls.

Originally posted by freedml View Post
                  "they go by purchase price" the first year and then that goes down each year.

So, when you think about it, 'Green Cars' actually get charged more because the purchase price doesn't include state or federal rebates. A $30k car with $6k in rebates pays more vehicle tax than a $24k car.
                  Unless it changed the fee is based on the price after removing the added "Green" cost which on a GX I think is around $7K. The starting fees should be based on about $21K and then go down from there.

Originally posted by Larryect View Post
                  Grey Davis was recalled for raising the "Car Tax." Gov. Arnold won on the "Colifornians are taxed ENOUGH" campaign.

Since Arnold. I think spending has gone up something like 40% - and here we are with the raised "Car Tax" along with a raised sales tax.

Time to recall Arnold.........
                  Amen brother, You'll find the recall petition here, I'm signing it.
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X