GX Rough Idle. Does Yours Do This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX Rough Idle. Does Yours Do This?

It appears as though my '07 GX has a couple of problems that could be compounding each other.

In both circumstances the car has been driven and the engine is up to normal operating temperature with the air conditioning off.

Problem 1:

I'm stopped at a light with the car in Drive, I've got my foot on the brake.
    The idle settles down to its lowest setting.
    A vibration can be felt in the seat and steering wheel. Sometimes there's a surge felt that can be heard in the exhaust, too.

Problem 2:

Under the same circumstances, if anything electrical turns on, (interior fan, lower/raise window, radiator fans come on, etc,) the rpms really drop. The engine then stumbles before the computer kicks up the rpms.

The fuel filters have been serviced and the valves checked/adjusted; these didn't solve the problem.

Dealer employees are getting tired of seeing me and have told me, "we've tested one or two other GX's and they do it too, so it's normal." (They're pegging my BS meter and I've begun to tell them so!) My car didn't do this when it was new and I've checked out another '07 where I work and it doesn't do it. (If this is normal I want the abnormally smooth idle installed.)

Does anyone else have either of these problems?

Bill

Re: GX Rough Idle. Does Yours Do This?

My '08 idles rough when I put it in Park. I have spoken with other drivers with this problem. Doesn't sound like your issue though. As long as I'm in Drive I'm fine.

Comment

Mine does this but only when the AC is on. So, not your problem either.
      2008 GX 20K miles.

Mine rattles a lot eveywhere - Makes loud clicking sounds in the morning from the front left wheel - Temp gauge very inaccurate - clunky shifting- etc. Actually many more problems than I have had with my 2 previous GM vehicles. I just don't have the time to take it in and argue incessantly with the service people. I still like the car even with all the problems.

Comment

Have you talked to the Service Manager? Have he and the CNG tech (assuming they have one) talked to the Honda Tech Line? I know it's far, but you might want to consider bringing it to Robertson's Palmdale Honda -- real GX experts!
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

I have an 09 and I have a weird rattle coming from the front left wheel as well. It seems only present when the temperature starts to rise. I have a coworker and his does the same thing too. I am going to take it to the dealer when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by malibu View Post
            (snip) Makes loud clicking sounds in the morning from the front left wheel(snip)
            Does it click as the tire rolls? Take the wheel cover off the wheel and drive it as you normally would.

I had an old pickup with pie tin sized hubcaps. Suddenly it developed a clicking noise on the right front tire after I rotated all four tires. It only clicked in a tight left turn though. It turns out the hubcap wasn't on 100% and it clicked as the wheel rolled in a left turn. I pulled it off, the clicking disappeared, I put it back on with a rubber hammer and it never did it again.

My GX will make a click or crunch after I shift it into reverse and back up about one car length. Something in the trans?

Bill

Comment

Most likely it is the wheel covers. Mine did the same thing. I replaced the tires and wheels on the 2007 with other Honda rims and there was no more noise. When I got my 2009 I switched tires and rims with the 2007 and the noise returned to the 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by kuykendallc View Post
                I have an 09 and I have a weird rattle coming from the front left wheel as well. It seems only present when the temperature starts to rise. I have a coworker and his does the same thing too. I am going to take it to the dealer when I get a chance.
                mine does the same thing!!! i got so frustrated trying to pinpoint where the noise was coming from....

i'm glad that this is not just my car

Comment

Working...
                X