GX Fuel Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX Fuel Injectors

I have a '99 that needs a new fuel injector (#2), local dealer quotes the part at almost $600(!). I am considering trying to find the part online or attempt rebuilding the old one by sending it away.

Rockauto.com lists a couple of different brands of fuel injectors for the Gx, Airtex and Standard Motor, anybody know which brand is the higher quality? Will I screw up my car not buying the Honda part?

Has anyone ever successfully rebuild their old fuel injectors? Also, what does it mean when it lists some parts as "indirect fuel" ones?

Re: GX Fuel Injectors

Some have posted here , sending all of the injectors to be cleaned and tested, usually ending up having to buy one or two anyway after cleaning.

For new oem injectors under $400 , try Bernardi, or Majestic honda , on the net.

Autozone had aftermarket injectors for about $200 , dont know how well they work , but are from major parts suppliers.

Good Luck with the repairs.

Comment

IIRC they are about $450 at Bernardi for Honda parts.

Comment

I think someone is getting _____ I just bought three injectors today for 6.2 gm diesel and the dealer priced them at 179.00 and I got them from acme diesel in knoxville for 39.95 each and a diesel runs a lot more pressure than the low pressure side of a cng motor so price it around do they sell a rebuild kit good luck with the price that honda is charging you all for parts they could give you the car for free and still make a profit on the parts
        Last edited by John Mitton; 05-14-2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

ToS

All,

Using spaces, symbols, acronyms and other methods to express vulgarities while avoiding CNGchat's censors is still a violation.
          http://cngchat.com/index.php?pid=9#obscene

Comment

I think someone is getting _____ I just bought three injectors today for 6.2 gm diesel and the dealer priced them at 179.00 and I got them from acme diesel in knoxville for 39.95 each and a diesel runs a lot more pressure than the low pressure side of a cng motor so price it around do they sell a rebuild kit good luck with the price that honda is charging you all for parts they could give you the car for free and still make a profit on the parts
            This is a difference between a very limited run production vehicle and a much higher production vehicle. The Honda injectors for the GX are different then the regular civic.

Comment

It's not the pressure, it's the much larger orifice needed to the right amount of CNG to the cylinder.
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

Also remember guys, you are dealing with a "dry gas" fuel when using CNG. There is no, and should not, be any lubrication in the fuel. Liquid fuels like gasoline have lubricating components and the liquid, by its natrue will act as lubricant and cushioning agent. CNG has not of these properities are usually of a much harder material and somewhat different design.

Larrycng

Comment

CNG injectors can get clogged from oily fuel (older compressors tend to blow oil into the gas). Make sure you have your fuel filters changed at regular intervals -- unless you only fill at home with the oil-less Fuelmaker products.

Comment

One problem with the 98-00 GX , is it only has a high pressure filter, particulate only, and passes oil along.

The 01 and later also have a low pressure filter at the P.R.V. On my 01 , during filter changs , the high presure filter was always bone dry and clean, and the low pressure always had oil in it. I usually fill at a station , and keep "Phill" as a last resort, so oil is an issue.

P.S. Don't keep driving the car with missfire , or you can ruin the 3 way catalist pretty fast. And it's about $600 .

Comment

Re: ToS

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
                      All,

Using spaces, symbols, acronyms and other methods to express vulgarities while avoiding CNGchat's censors is still a violation.
                      http://cngchat.com/index.php?pid=9#obscene
                      sorry hope I did not offend anyone wont do it again

Comment

Check the Civic parts exchange topic. There is a place that will rebuild your injectors. Check it out. The same thing happened to me and I bought one from majestic honda for 360ish shipped. Replaced it myself. Not to difficult.

Comment

I am getting random misfires on 3 cylinders. I've already replaced my plugs with Honda OEM plugs as well as my coil-overs. I'm thinking the next step is the fuel injectors. I've found some online for $35 - $40 at a few different places. I have a 2002 Honda Civic GX. I have no clue on how to change them. So, can anyone tell me:
                          a) where can I find instructions on changing them?
                          b) what are your opinions on these parts? http://www.injectorwarehouse.com Part # 16450PLC003 or http://www.autopartswarehouse.com # G5842-12281 or G5842-12282
                          Thanks in advance!

Comment

You might try starting a new thread.

I don't know about the parts your asking about.

It is important to keep the valves adjusted properly. Honda recommends having them adjusted every 30k miles. If you haven't had them adjusted, it could be the problem.

Comment

I bought a couple 2001 GXs a few months ago. One had a continuouse check engine light and ran rough. I put the scanner on it and the indications were a cylinder misfire - turned out to be a bad fuel injector. Bought an aftermarket one at Auto Zone and it has been working great since then. I tried some other injectors; gasoline version and generic injector and they did not work. The reason I bought the Auto Zone one was that it was about $165.00 versus the $300+ price tag for the OEM one. Hope this is of some value out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X