Performance Improvements - 08 GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Improvements - 08 GX

Is it possible to increase the performance on my 08 GX without causing any problems? I've seen kids chase this performance thing on standard civics with all sorts of mods, it would be nice if there were a couple of easy, safe upgrages that would give me some boost.

Re: Performance Improvements - 08 GX

Welcome to CNGCHAT.

IMHO , Honda spent millions engineering the GX. Do you really think they missed something ?????. My 08 has adequate performance for it's intended use.

The 08 , 09 Impalla cng is a better choice if you want more power.

As to the tuner kids racing around ( and look who often causes fatal crashes on public roads ) let them waste all the money they want on mod's. Most of the stuff only adds power at high rpm.

Just my OP as a 08 GX owner.

Comment

Thanks for the input you saved me some time and effort ..

Regardless the car is still too slow, when trying to push out of an intersection no question in my mind .. All of my driving is in and around congested areas and I encounter this a little more than you might think. I guess I'll just have to take out my frustration beefing up the sound system! lol
      Last edited by thedifferent; 03-01-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

One improvement that will make your car perform better and doesn't kill your pocketbook is fitting them with stainless steel braided brake hoses. You can put them on yourself and no more mushy pedals!

Comment

A good set of CARB approved headers -- with the E.O. will give you most bang for the buck. I would also open up the exhaust system -- after the CAT, you don't need CARB approval for that; it is the last emission component in the system.

I don't think I would mess with the air intake system, not that much gain. I am against K & N, I you screw up with the re-oiling procedure you can have oil carryover that will have the same effect as oil carryover from CNG --Ping Ping Ping

Larrycng

Comment

What I would find cool to see (but not do myself, mind you) is someone work with one of the supercharger companies to get a kit tuned for the CNG car. Maybe in a few years if the PickensPlan things takes off and Honda ramps up production.

Comment

I have a 2004 GX and the K&N Intake kit definately added some more power, I agree with Larry and my exhaust will be the next thing to get upgraded. In the near future also is sound deadening because my interior is already too loud.
              Jim Blair
              2004 Honda Civic GX
              http://www.cngchat.com/photopost/sho...=500&ppuser=61

Comment

Originally posted by WellFedEd View Post
                One improvement that will make your car perform better and doesn't kill your pocketbook is fitting them with stainless steel braided brake hoses. You can put them on yourself and no more mushy pedals!
                if you have a mushy pedal you have air in it bleed the brakes or you are so cheep you used old fuel line for brake line LOL nobody is that dum I dont think

Comment

Working...
                X