Re: Rebuilding the Fuel Pressure Regulator

See this thread:

http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2408&page=3

Leave a comment:

• trevorcobb
    replied

hi all,

i am the former owner of a 1998 GX. My wife's sister also purchased her own 98 GX around the same time we got ours. I have since sold mine (at a great loss, stupid Utah CNG legislation) and moved to Japan for a job.

my sister-in-law recently emailed me and has asked me for help with her broken regulator on her 1998 Civic GX.

Her husband has recently left her and their son to fend for themselves, and the GX is her only car and it doesn't run. She doesn't have the $1500 the dealer wants to replace the regulator, and her mechanic has told her that it really just needs a diaphragm replaced.

can anyone help?

has anyone successfully replaced the OEM High Pressure Regulator with an aftermarket unit, or has anyone successfully repaired or rebuilt the OEM unit?

Leave a comment:

• cngmike
    replied

You need a heated regulator. Tulsa Gas Tec. can sell you Eviro-Met (I think, I will have to look at work tomorrow). It is the most affordable HP reg. on the market.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

Here are a couple possibilities I found on the internet:
    http://www.victortorch.com/repairshop.htm
    http://www.middlegeorgiameter.com/misc.php

Leave a comment:

• Jay98
    replied

I also contacted Keihin and got the same answer about parts. I've been looking for a "regulator" shop, but haven't found one yet. Has anyone else found a place that will rebuild the FPR?

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

I looked into this and found that the company that supplies Honda doesn't sell parts for this model. My regulator failure was under warranty, but if the next one isn't, my plan is to find a 'regulator shop' and have them repair it including making a gasket for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jay98
    started a topic Rebuilding the Fuel Pressure Regulator

Rebuilding the Fuel Pressure Regulator

I just bought a '98 Civic GX which is not currently running. The previous owner told me it had a ripped upper diaphragm in the FPR, which I have been able to confirm. I've rebuilt LPG regulators before, and this one doesn't look any more complicated, so I would like to just replace the diaphragm myself instead of paying $1300-$2000 for the complete FPR. Does anyone know of a source for internal parts for the FPR or a place that rebuilds them for a reasonable price? It is a Kei Hin model NT regulator. I got into this knowing that I might have to bite the bullet on the FPR, but it sure seems rediculous to pay so much when all it needs is a $5 rubber diaphragm.

Thanks,
    Jay
Working...
X