GX stalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX stalled

Can anyone guess what may have caused my 02 GX wiht 40k miles to suddenly stall while driving. I pulled over and tried to restart but all my dash lights were on and the fuel light was blinking on empty. It turned over just not getting fuel. I pulled out the battery cable to reset everything and it started back up full tank of gas. No ECM codes either.

any help would be appreciated.

Re: GX stalled

My first guess would be the High Pressure Regulator has failed. If so, it's still under warranty in California so I would have it towed to a dealer.

Oops. If the HPR failed the car would not restart...
    Last edited by freedml; 02-18-2009, 04:31 PM.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

01-05's were known for #3 injector failures and transducer/tank valve issues. The tank and tank valve are covered under federal emmissions warranty, usually they will also replace the tank at no charge when replacing the valve under warranty. I really hope you are in CA because otehrwise it's 3/36k for any other state.
      sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
      SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
      2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
      1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
      2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Drove it in today but they said they cannot fix whats not broken and that I will have to tow it in when it happens again...sigh. They will do a couple recalls on it, the blanket and something with the headlight wiring. Im in CA, any idea how long those emission warranties are for?

Comment

It's 15 years, 150k miles. When I had this problem they updated the software in the ECU. I had my fuel sender go bad, slowly, but it only affected the fuel gauge. The car ran fine.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

>Oops. If the HPR failed the car would not restart...[/QUOTE]

The car will not restart, shows empty with fuel light flashing, however i can restart after disconnecting the battery. Could this still be the HPR (High Pressure Regulator)?

Also, i'm reading the problem could be either the Pressure Fuel Sensor $180 or the Temp Fuel Sensor $25 which could cause the fuel light to flash, but does anyone know if these sensor could cause the car NOT to start?

TIA

Comment

I was just at the Honda dealers the other day and the loaner car did the same thing. I will be curious as to the final result.

I'll check with them this weekend on what they found.

Comment

Working...
              X