What's a typical "fill" at a public station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a typical "fill" at a public station

I'm curious about public fueling and would like to know the typical fill you get at your local 3600 psi public refueling station? The Civic GX hold 8 GGE as we all know and I was wondering what some of the largest refueling quantities have been (including the fuel gauge reading before the refill).

I appreciate your input.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Rosenberg; 02-07-2009, 09:40 AM.

Re: What's a typical "fill" at a public station

It depends on several factors.
    • Firstly, can the station compressor's actually recharge to pressures above 3000 or 3600 psi.
    • Who has been there before you and how much did they draw down the reserve?
    • Fast fill heat up and therefore you cannot get a full fill.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I've never gotten more than 6gge at a fast-fill station in either of my GXs, and that was well after the low fuel light went on.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

I have got 5.7 with 3 bars on my 2009 GX and about the same with my 99 with the light on. I have seen posts on here with fills of 7+ GGE. I have topped off after 8 miles on my 99 GX and got anywhere from .9 GGE to 1.7 GGE, the 1.7 was due to a big temperature difference.
        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I've racked about 5K miles and the mean fills are as follows.
          using 3000 PSI utility pump (PGE) exclusively

Travel ~195 miles and 4.6GGE fills 5 bars to full 18-19 bars.

Ranging about 41mpg and 14 miles per bar..
          Silver 09 GX
          Phill G:1.5

Comment

I use the CE station at Sea-Tac airport, 3600 psi pump, city driving. My light comes on at 2-3 bars, 185 miles and generally takes about 6.1 GGEs (approx 30 mpg). The only time I get a complete fill is if I let the car sit for a few hours after filling I can get about .5 to 1.1 GGEs more in the tank. The ambient temp here is about 30-40f.
            Hope this is of some help to you.

Linda
            09 GX Silver

Comment

Typical is about 5 gge. About 170 miles on my "08 When I had an '01 , 7.3 was the most , (tow in after running out).

The current useable range is not satisfactory with the urban fuel site locations. Having to drive several miles off route to refuel is not good on a full day of other things to do.

It would be great for every Honda dealer to have a fuel station. Not sure this is practical. Car dealers are in business to sell cars and service. Lot space is not cheap, and neither is having to spend time running a fuel station.

Another solution could be a low cost alternative to "Phill" . Capable of maybe just 2,000 psi, so you never have to leave home with less than 1/2 tank.

"Phill" was a great concept , the final product is not. If Honda and Fuelmaker could work out a "Phill" lease that includes install and full maintenance at a reasonable cost, it would be in most GX owners homes. I'm talking about retail GX owners.

Time for a "Focus Group" of retail GX owners.
              (beware - we are a real strange bunch !)

Comment

The local Honda dealer here (WI) has a Phill for private use. Selling fuel requires a license. Dealers don't do that.

I have installed several Phills and all have been working good. There was a defective one at the time of install (replaced it) and a drive away. (depressurize the nozzle) Otherwise no issues encountered going forward.

There are larger systems available. Many here on the forum use the FM4 or the Q-2. Maybe a larger system would be more appropriate for you.

Comment

Linda also posted of her recent Hillsboro, OR to Medford OR run of 282 miles with probably a near-dead-empty cylinder fast-filling to 7.2gge (09 GX)
                  http://cngchat.com/forum/showpost.ph...3&postcount=17

Comment

I put 7.474 GGE in when the outside temperature was 34 degrees according to the GX dash reading. The pump gauge indicated the pressure at the end of the fill was 3400 psi. I had been on my last dot for about 5 miles. After filling, the top dot remained lit for a couple miles.

Comment

Most in my 99 is 5.3 before the light came on.

Comment

Working...
                      X