Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too tall for GX ? Seat track extension sources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too tall for GX ? Seat track extension sources?

Hi, I and my GF are too tall for GX. Anyone have a seat track extender solution? Want to join forces?
    Is the current gen GX better or worse than previous gen GX?
    Would solution be the same for both generations?
    Thanks
    Bob- happy CNG Crown Vic driver but too big a car for the GF

Re: Too tall for GX ? Seat track extension sources?

Might want to look into the new Impala. All the space of the crown vic, in a smaller, sportier car. Just wish there was a conversion for my '05 Impala, as I feel they were styled much better than the current body style.
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

How tall are you? I am 6'5" and have no problems once inside. Getting in and out is a bit of a hastle, but nothing too big.

Comment

Me too, 6'5" and still room to spare. Ride with your seat slung back, like a brother and you'll look even cooler!

Comment

I'm 6'7" and more of my height is it the legs than the overall body. The
          Impala is satisfactory for me, expecially the passenger side. I can do 2 hour
          stints in the drivers seat without any major discomfort. I sat in the 09 Civic
          and I can drive it okay but there isnt as much room. Don't know how I would be on a long drive. I did a seat rail extension back in the late 70's on a Civic
          CVCC model. Probably wasn't the best job ever done and there was no rear
          leg room at all. But it was still adjustable for my 5'6" wife and we had no problem switching. I do like the Impala alot though, I think it is the best cng car available in America today, but I would insist on the LTZ model.
          Last edited by rgliedt; 12-21-2008, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Can't you just move the existing seat rails back a little, drilling some new holes, etc?

Comment

Working...
            X