Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto/GTA, Canada, Buying a GX in Buffalo. Anyone done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto/GTA, Canada, Buying a GX in Buffalo. Anyone done it?

I live north of Toronto, Canada and I drive a dual fuel/NG powered Dodge Dakota. I've been hounding Honda Canada to import the GX but they won't. Now I'm looking into importing one from the US and I have some questions.

1.) How many people have bought a GX from a NY dealer in the Buffalo area and their impressions of the dealers?
    2.) If there are any Canadians in the GTA/Golden Horseshoe(Niagra Falls) area who have bought GX's from a Buffalo dealer and imported them? How easy/difficult was the import?
    3.) Is the refuel receptacle universal?

There are several refueling station in and around Toronto and I also have my own VRA(vehicle refueling appliance) so fuel supply is not an issue.

With a GX I can even look at removing my VRA as I would only have to fill up 1-2 times a week. BTW my VRA is leased from the local utility company.

Re: Toronto/GTA, Canada, Buying a GX in Buffalo. Anyone done it?

Is a VRA some kind of home refueling station, like Phill? eh?

Comment

VRA=Vehicle Refueling Appliance
      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
        I live north of Toronto, Canada and I drive a dual fuel/NG powered Dodge Dakota. I've been hounding Honda Canada to import the GX but they won't. Now I'm looking into importing one from the US and I have some questions.

1.) How many people have bought a GX from a NY dealer in the Buffalo area and their impressions of the dealers?
        2.) If there are any Canadians in the GTA/Golden Horseshoe(Niagra Falls) area who have bought GX's from a Buffalo dealer and imported them? How easy/difficult was the import?

There are several refueling station in and around Toronto and I also have my own VRA(vehicle refueling appliance) so fuel supply is not an issue.

With a GX I can even look at removing my VRA as I would only have to fill up 1-2 times a week. BTW my VRA is leased from the local utility company.
        I spoke with the NY guy from Honda alt fuels not long ago and he was super helpful. I can't remember his name, but he was out of Syracuse where they are selling GXs. They sell them around here (Albany area) as well, so I imagine that you will find them in Buffalo.

Seeing as fuel maker is a canadian company, I imagine that the receptacle is universal or at least a N. American standard.
        Can't help with the other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post

Hi Beaker :

If (hopefully when) you "import" your GX, can you please post your vehicle importing experience in the Canada section of this Forum ?

There are probably others wanting to import GXs in to Canada.

Thanks

Stu Man

Comment

Working...
          X